Charlotte auto fair

Activities Sponsored by Comet Forum Members
duncanjl

Charlotte auto fair

Post by duncanjl »

Just received note from DON HARDING with COMET EAST CAR CLUB THEY WILL BE MEETING AGAIN THIS YEAR AT THE AUTO FAIR APRIL 11--12 all are invited to attend also don't forget (THE GATHERING in Pigeon forge June 5---7 a must do event if possible) UNTIL P/F ROLL COMETS. JL

marydan1965

Re: Charlotte auto fair

Post by marydan1965 »

Need Comets for the Auto Fair,a great show about 3,000 show cars 1500 for sale plus hundreds of vendors. Show starts Thursday Apr.9th,car show is Sat.& Sun. Apr.11&12th. Contact Bill Adams at 803-609-2085 or 803-799-5273 for free entry & parking pass with Comet-East. A good Spring get away. 8)

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Danny ,don't forget about the Gathering in Pigeon Forge June 5---7 2015 hope to see you and Mary with Wagon & Hi/ Po. UNTIL THEN ROLL COMETS. J L

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Heading to the Charlotte Auto Fair early in the morning. Going with my son-in-law and his neighbor. Taking S-I-L's camper and staying in the infield till late Saturday. Going to keep my eyes peeled for anything Comet related that I can use. Didn't see much last year, and most of what I did see, I didn't need. Set of cast aluminum valve covers was all I bought. Maybe better luck this year. To quote Pop, "I'll be back later with the good, bad and ugly". :lol:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIP !! sounds like a great wk end outing....I assume S-I-L is pulling the camper with his GM product so have a back up plan and keep your CELL well charged :shock: :shock: ain't trying to start nuttin....I do the same while pulling with my FORD PU,,,, :wink: :D :lol: pop { I don't take anything for granted..}}
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIP !! sounds like a great wk end outing....I assume S-I-L is pulling the camper with his GM product so have a back up plan and keep your CELL well charged :shock: :shock: ain't trying to start nuttin....I do the same while pulling with my FORD PU,,,, :wink: :D :lol: pop { I don't take anything for granted..}}
always a good idea Pop. I talked to Serafina (the person) they broke down on the way back from Fla, her & a daughter with the grandkids ,a set of plugs, (wires maybe too) & a fuel pump + labor over 1100$. Some people really deserve a double slap of karma for taking advantage of others :x
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BOY ,she took HIT !!! but it could have been worst,,,that's about all the conclation she is going to get out it/////people don't care nowadays...when they see you down,,,they go straight for the JUGGLER vein...and the who ever fixed it might of charged what he was told to charge......
pop/glenda

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Jim if in the infield look up COMET EAST SHOULD HAVE A TENT SET UP WITH SEVERAL Comets that is one of thei yearly meets stay safe ROLL COMETS JL hope to C U N P/ F

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Well, we got back from Charlotte late Saturday night. Took it easy Sunday, then picked up the grand-kids on Monday so they could spend some of their Spring Break with us. Just now getting a chance to check back in. Charlotte was a lot of fun and the usual compilation of just about anything you could ever hope to see.....except Comet stuff. Actually, the only Comet-specific parts I saw were the set of front fender wheel lip trim pieces for a 65 Caliente that I took to try to sell. :roll: They didn't sell, by the way. I told my S-I-L it was like throwing a line out into the ocean and hoping to catch a specific fish. Compared to the general population, Cometeers are a rare breed. 8) JL, I walked the entire infield and one of the two fields outside the raceway and didn't see the Comet East tent, or a single Comet for that matter. I sniffed at three T-5 transmissions, but one was disassembled with no tag, one didn't have a readable tag (looked sort of like it might have been out of a S-10), and the third had a tag, but when I looked it up, it turned out it was out of a Mazda. :roll: Pop, we pulled the camper with the S-I-L's Ford flatbed. Ran like a top! All I came home with was a set of spark plug wire separators and my wheel lip trim pieces, but had a great time roaming the rows and hanging out with some great folks. We nearly froze to death Thursday and Friday, though. Thursday was overcast with 50 degrees and 23 - 25 mph winds. Friday was sunny and in the mid-50s, but the wind was even stronger. Folks were chasing their sheet metal parts all over the place! :shock: Saturday was great with temps in the mid-60s and practically no wind. We won't go to the fall auto fair (daughter and S-I-L are expecting their second baby on that weekend), but we'll back next spring. :wink:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

PULLED THE CAMPER WITH SIL'S FORD FLAT BED !!now that is music,,,I had a lot of respect for your sil to start with simply because of who he is...but fter reading about his frd flatbed..he is KING TUT in my book,in fact OL POP has 1978 350 ford flat bed ,with a weak motor {400 ci},one owner,with less than 100,000 miles,I have known this truck since the old man bought it brand new,,I member the 1st day he drove it to the RR,didn't even have a bed on it...he passed away and it sat in a barn for yrs til I ran across it,the old widow always kept a new battery in it ,she lived on a 20 akr place,the brakes had gone out on it but she would put it in granny low and putt around and pick up limbs,when she wanted to stop she just turned the key off,she made a deal with me to bush hog a 14 acker tract ,3 times and she gave it to me,,,,the AC still blows cold,,,am getting it on my mind to pull motor and rebuild..I thought bush hogging 3 times wasn't e'nuff payment so I kept her place up for 3 summers before she had to go to a rest home...I pulled my trctor and bush hog and race car and grd son's race car,til the motor just got so weak......A GOOD S-I-L IS HARD TO BEAT,THE 1 I HAVE IS A CHAMP,,,HE DID HIS PART WITH GIVING ME A GRD SON.......PLUS HE DRIVES A FORD TRK AND IS GETTING READY TO GET A new FORD RAPTOR pu,,,,e'nuff,,,,,POP
pop/glenda