40+ years in the making

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

40+ years in the making

Post by lavron »

I have started humming that "One Piece at a Time" song in my head (I blame JohnO) but instead of a Cadillac I substitute Comet :roll:

'64 was the start and I am adding an engine from the '70s (not good enough just to have a matching head and block, head '72, block '78), '02 Mustang flywheel, '98 T5 Transmission, '98 rear diff, '80 Lincoln Town Car Master cylinder, some non-Ford hydraulic clutch cylinders from the late '80s and '90s, going to have those '68 T-Bird buckets, and a bunch of new stuff in the suspension, so those have to be considered 2000s (I know the front suspension is '70s Mustang 2 but only in style all the parts are new manufacture)

Now if I could only add the line; "it didn't cost me a dime" :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Re: 40+ years in the making

Post by popscomet »

is that the song by JOHNNY CASH..take it home a piece at a time in a lunch pail or something...I got the feeling it was a GM product :shock: :lol: so I never really listened to it....
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

yea Pop it was a caddy, & it looked like a pile of junk!!!! :lol: I never did care for that song much either. it wasnt one of his best . :roll:

Mike go ahead & blame me. I had a boss that gave me a cussin one afternoon because I mentioned a song that morning & he hated that song but said it played in his head all day. So after that I made sure to be singing a stupid song when I got there every morning! :lol: I always told him it was pay back for the cussing! :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GOOD FOR YOU, that'll show that disrespectable boss...wonder how he ever got to be the boss in the 1st place....what a dummy....but john you flat set him straight....and I bet back then you couldn't even carry a tune in a feed bucket..... :shock: :roll: :? :lol: but you stood your ground 8)
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

[quote="popscomet :lol: but you stood your ground 8)[/quote]
that reminds me of another song, wont back down,by Tom Petty
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:GOOD FOR YOU, that'll show that disrespectable boss...wonder how he ever got to be the boss in the 1st place....what a dummy....but john you flat set him straight....and I bet back then you couldn't even carry a tune in a feed bucket..... :shock: :roll: :? :lol: but you stood your ground 8)
He was the Boss's son. we had a big time acting up in front of the other workers, I would pretend to smart off & he would pretend to cuss me out. :lol:
Pop I sound like a cross between Johnny Cash & Elvis :| maybe a little bit more to the cash side. :wink: it must have something to do with the geography ,,,, I live between Memphis & Nashville, little bit closer to Nashville. :D
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Funny you guys mention the song "One Piece At A Time" that's one of my ringtones on my phone I use sometimes. Since I built mine a piece at a time I thought that was just appropo. And it was a caddy as joe mentioned in the song. There is a video on U-tube if anyone wants to see.
I also have the song Mercury Blues by Alan Jackson as another ringtone on my phone which is the current one I use. Also a video of this one. Really like it.
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

TO be honest..the main reason why I never cared for the one piece at a time song,,was because it promotes stealing....one piece at a time...it's just rippin the factory off....no wonder it was so ugly,,crime don't pay.... :shock: 8) :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:TO be honest..the main reason why I never cared for the one piece at a time song,,was because it promotes stealing....one piece at a time...it's just rippin the factory off....no wonder it was so ugly,,crime don't pay.... :shock: 8) :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: pop
Well I haven't tried to get any parts with the five finger discount :shock: Mine hasn't been in a lunch box either, mostly UPS and FedEX boxes and all of them have been too darn expensive :|

If I really want something badly enough I will pay the price but I am going to gripe about it, a lot :? :lol:

I guess the only other thing I have in common with the song is I have been collecting parts a long time and it is taking forever to get anything done.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:roll: :roll: :wink: :wink: :D :D POP likes stirring the pot,,, :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Those thunderchicken seats are huge. Comfy though. I had a 68 with a screamin 429.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

It's just a song guys. It's not a story or tv. Just someones dream put to music. Chill!
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Comechero65 wrote:It's just a song guys. It's not a story or tv. Just someones dream put to music. Chill!
Ron
CHILL !! it's a dream of someone's to swipe A part aday from where they work,until they have e'nuff stolen parts to build them selves a free car and then to make a song about it and make a bunch of money from the song......different hero's for different folks....theft is theft... :shock: :lol: :lol: :?
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:
Comechero65 wrote:It's just a song guys. It's not a story or tv. Just someones dream put to music. Chill!
Ron
CHILL !! it's a dream of someone's to swipe A part aday from where they work,until they have e'nuff stolen parts to build them selves a free car and then to make a song about it and make a bunch of money from the song......different hero's for different folks....theft is theft... :shock: :lol: :lol: :?
I bet Mother Maybelle didnt care for that song either! :lol:
Johno