Large Ford Car Show

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
tinnocker

Large Ford Car Show

Post by tinnocker »

I went to the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, Georgia, Saturday. I will post pictures when they come up on Youtube, since I didn't make any myself. Also I will post this link that I typed on the TFFN site. In the link I described what was there and what I saw. The original Georgia Shaker Falcon that was driven by Hubert Platt was there along with the man himself.
http://www.tffn.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33038

Falconred

Re: Large Ford Car Show

Post by Falconred »

There was an estimated 1500 cars at the Moonshine Festivel this year. Lots of Fords, I saw several nice Falcons and Comets. I talked with Hubert and got a signed poster. This is a must see event if you are a Ford fan.

tinnocker

Post by tinnocker »

I have seen more and more the last few years but by far, this year, more Ford engines in old Fords. A small block Ford can be bought and built as cheap as a small block Chevy so no reason for hybrids anymore. My buddy and I had already talked about what we would do when we saw a Chevy in a Ford. We would walk up to the car and as soon as we saw the Chevy engine we would turn immediately and walk away. I think the owners got the hint. I love a old General Motors car, '30's,40's,60's and will stop and admire them if they are running a General Motors engine. The only hybrids that I will stop and look at and talk to the owner about are the '40 era liquor haulers that ran Cadillac engines. These guys in their day needed horsepower that their Ford flatheads couldn't provide so they installed the OHV Cadillac engines, some of them ambulance engines that came from the factory with 2 four barrel carburetors!

tinnocker

Post by tinnocker »

I waited at the Georgia Shaker Falcon for Hubert to show up. His son at the booth said he had just wondered off. I enjoyed talking to his son. I asked his son if that was the original Falcon that Hubert raced. He showed me an old Hot Rod magazine from the 60's that showed the pin stripping on the dash and then showed me that the Falcon on exhibit had the same pin stripping. This wasn't a restored car. It showed years of abuse, rust and dirt. That Falcon and Don's Comet were the cars that I dreamed of owning when I was 16 and it was so good to actually see it and touch it.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

tinnocker wrote:I have seen more and more the last few years but by far, this year, more Ford engines in old Fords. A small block Ford can be bought and built as cheap as a small block Chevy so no reason for hybrids anymore. My buddy and I had already talked about what we would do when we saw a Chevy in a Ford. We would walk up to the car and as soon as we saw the Chevy engine we would turn immediately and walk away. I think the owners got the hint. I love a old General Motors car, '30's,40's,60's and will stop and admire them if they are running a General Motors engine. The only hybrids that I will stop and look at and talk to the owner about are the '40 era liquor haulers that ran Cadillac engines. These guys in their day needed horsepower that their Ford flatheads couldn't provide so they installed the OHV Cadillac engines, some of them ambulance engines that came from the factory with 2 four barrel carburetors!
I KNOW where there is a CAD 2drht sitting and rotten away,it has factory 3x2's and every bit complete as it can be,not for sale !I have watched it sit for way over 30 yrs,I passed by over the week end and could hardly tell it once was white,the paint has rotted away,the owner is now living out of state in a rest home.20 or so yrs ago his brother told me he was offered 10 grand for it and turned it down.Some people have good intentions,but they have wound up letting so many good ones go to waste....pop
pop/glenda

Jenney_57

Post by Jenney_57 »

I am also in the vehicle business and we sell original spare parts. Along with that we will start new services for vehicle wrapping and re-painting. I want to host trade show for the advertisement. Does anyone here has recommendations for trade show displays services?

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

So,,, where do you think I'll be taken if I click on the link in the previous post? :roll:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:So,,, where do you think I'll be taken if I click on the link in the previous post? :roll:
so you think it looks a bit spamy Fred? :lol:

You'd probably wake up in Shanghai ! :roll:
Johno