newbie from VA

Let everyone know a little about yourself
Glenn M.

Re: newbie from VA

Post by Glenn M. »

SASSY wrote:WOW!! Welcome!
Looking forward to hearing the story as to the why and how the car sat for so long,,,.
Fred
Car sat while I paid off 3 mortgages, countless credit cards, child support for 2, divorce proceedings, 30 years of working on the road, etc.
I'm guilty of not realizing the rapidity with which life passes by... :oops:

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Glenn M. wrote:I'm guilty of not realizing the rapidity with which life passes by...
I can relate to that for sure :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:
Glenn M. wrote:I'm guilty of not realizing the rapidity with which life passes by...

See Ya,
Mike
BOY,can't we all !!...as OL POP is going on 70 yrso...and have been outside today entertaining my 2yro grt grd son....life has zoomed by.....have been retired almost 10 yrs...but it's been fun !! 8) :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

Glenn M.

Post by Glenn M. »

popscomet wrote:
lavron wrote:

See Ya,
Mike
BOY,can't we all !!...as OL POP is going on 70 yrso...and have been outside today entertaining my 2yro grt grd son....life has zoomed by.....have been retired almost 10 yrs...but it's been fun !! 8) :lol: :wink:
OL POP - You're still a youngster. :D
I'm 72 and holding... :mrgreen:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

well,thank you for the youngster remark :) this 2yr grt grd son keeps ole pop hoppin,,he stays with us about half the time,,,which I'm alfor..he and I have a blast,,,someone told me ,,that a person is just as old as they feel or may act..I think that's how it was said..I think the key is to stay busy...and that I do,in fact I stay as busy as 3 cats in the same litter box.........thanks and good luck.pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

how many miles is on your car? if its been sitting since 69,it must be low mileage, i like it
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Glenn M.

Post by Glenn M. »

fryedaddy wrote:how many miles is on your car? if its been sitting since 69,it must be low mileage, i like it
Thank you.

I apologize for not having seen your question before now! :oops: :oops:

To answer - it's 91,585.

I had to go look at the odometer, you're the first one that's ever asked me that question!

I guess when I got it, it had probably 22K on it (I'm going to look for any documentation for that), and I put the other 69 - 70K miles on it.

As far as I know, I'm the second owner. It was supposed to have been totaled before I got it, but the only accident damage we could find when we did the body work was that the tail panel had been hit (Not real hard). We replaced the whole panel from a donor car.

I did drive it a bunch from November 1966, when I bought it off a car lot, to July 1969, when I took it off the road. I was regularly travelling from Aiken, SC, to central VA while I was in service, and then it served as my commuter car to work and school. I ran the ____ out of it, and it was on its third engine, second transmission, and third rear end when I quit driving it.

Don't I wish for the 'good old days' when a rear cost me $35 a pop from the junk yard, an engine was about $75 - $100, and the second transmission (B-W T-10), brand new from Gratiot Auto Supply, was $215, shipped via Greyhound. I put a Hurst Competition Plus shifter on it, $99.95 shipped. Shifter was a big improvement over the old stock one that I pitched in the scrap. Now I wish I had that one back, seems everybody pitched those shifters and they're scarce as hen's teeth. :roll: