65 Futura in East TN . . .

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
bigdan

Re: 65 Futura in East TN . . .

Post by bigdan »

Thanks fellas. It's been an on-going work in progress because i was determined to build it myself and out of pocket. But I'm tickled to death to have it done!

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

So, I'm currently making final preps for paint. This should be quite interesting, since I'm no pro, but all of the blocking is done, finally.

Question for all you fellas though. Here's a pic of the car in epoxy last summer, complete with my bumper I'm using (I know, update the sig pic) all in black. Ill bee shooting the car a factory Ford color, 2017 magnetic metallic, but can't decide on the front and rear bumpers. I'm torn between everything being body color, gloss, or shooting the bumpers a satin black. wheels will be gloss black, all factory stainless and trim installed. ANY thoughts or suggestions are appreciated - seriously. I'm stuck here.

Thanks in advance -

Dan
Last edited by bigdan on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

If you could find someone to photoshop it both ways ,that would help you decide. Another idea is to paint it all the with the color & then plastidip the bumpers.that way if you didnt like the black bumpers you could just peel it off back down to body color. Take pics of both ways to help you decide. then if you like the black better you could take off the bumpers & paint them black permanent.

all one color can get monotonous. on the other hand that front bumper seems like part of the body,almost be a shame to separate them. It's hard to say without seeing it which I'd like. :?
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

JMO,,for what ever it's worth.........that frt bumper needs to be body color....it needs to blend in ,not stand out...pop
pop/glenda

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Johno - I like the Photoshop idea; I'll ask around and see if I can find anyone that talented with Photoshop!

Pops- are you saying my bumper should be hidden!? :D I know what you mean, though. Tying it into the fenders would possibly make a different color look goofy.

I did forget one idea that my son is pushing for hard - he wants us to shoot the magnetic metallic on the body, but leave the bumpers and hood either satin or flat black.

Thanks -

Dan

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Well, here's my opinion, and it's worth every cent you're paying me for it. :roll: I think the bumpers should match the body color, especially the way the front bumper blends in with the body. To me, if you left them flat black, they'd look like they were in primer waiting to be painted to match the car. Since you're putting the factory trim back on, it should have plenty of detail to break up any sense of monotony from too much of a single color. All that being said, though, no matter which way you end up going, it is going to be one show-stopper of a car that you can be proud of. There's going to be a lot of neck twisting going on to see this one drive by. 8)
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Ok my opinion :roll: you might consider doing a black stripe the width of the cowl scoop and extending it all the way down to the center of the bumper.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

The shop and car are bitchen!!
I vote for body color bumpers. It’ll look sleek and clean 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

Thanks for all the input fellas! Lavron, that was one of my son's ideas also. Lots of ideas to mull over for sure.

I'm full tilt trying to get all the little items finished before the first of April, when I have a week of vacation scheduled. I have a ton of honey-do's for that week, and both of my boys are on spring break so there'll be a bunch of fishing too :D but I'm hoping i can make some serious progress. Fingers crossed! Thanks for looking -

Dan

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Take those boys fishing 1st...the car can wait,,,want you do when they are 3 to 4 ft tall,,shows up when they are 5 to 6 ft tall,,,JMO......good luck ......you'll make the best choice when it comes to paint,,,you show good taste from the get go.....plus those young minds ain't nothing to mess with :lol: 8) :wink: ....pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I second what POP says :D
Tom
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

popscomet wrote:Take those boys fishing 1st...the car can wait,,,want you do when they are 3 to 4 ft tall,,shows up when they are 5 to 6 ft tall,,,JMO......good luck ......you'll make the best choice when it comes to paint,,,you show good taste from the get go.....plus those young minds ain't nothing to mess with :lol: 8) :wink: ....pop
tomb22 wrote:I second what POP says :D
Tom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IheODRwalEw

Pop knows best! :D
Johno

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

I agree fellas. These boys are always priority number one! Thanks for looking -

Dan

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

And then, sometimes, things just fall into people's laps. Stumbled onto this today, all original, few little minor issues to deal with here and there but all around a good little driver for an amazingly fair deal. Now back to the 65 . . . . .

Thanks for looking -

Dan
Last edited by bigdan on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Come on man, we wanna hear more about the new one,you can't leave us hangin like that.the how ,the where & what motor, plans,sons lickin chops? all that! :D
Johno