POP's FORDS

All the Ford Sisters...Falcon, Mustang, Maverick & Fairlane, etc. Try and keep your post relevant for Comet users
Lip Ripper

Re: POP's FORDS

Post by Lip Ripper »

Very cool!
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:Very cool!
yes they are !! lots of great memories in those and other pic's he says he's gonna post here ...I thought of them all a few months ago while sitting in the waiting room at the hosp with him just down the hall-way in the operating room under going open heart surgery.Hopeing and praying the GOOD LORD guides those hands of that young doc from a small town in south ARK,BUT the good LORD CAME THRU,,,,,DWAYNE is doing great and in a couple of wks will be completely released from doc's care,,,but doc said wait until next march when dirt track season reopens to drive his race car,,,,,thanks POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Man those are cool pics! 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

chances are if you could see inside that 67 fastback son is driving in that pic,,next to him in the pass seat is a battery operated tape recorder !!! just before he staged it ,he'd reach over and turn it on,,crossed the finished line and turn it off,,at the pits he would listen to his engine and shift point,,,and back in the early early days of dirt trackin..CORY ,Dwayne's son,my grd son,,started driving when he was about 12 --13 yrso,,we built a special box mounted inside car and took a movie camara and would record him raceing on the track...later we reviewed the film,,he would see his good points as well as to where he made a goof up.....we did all this way before inside camaras was made or offered ,in fact that 64 black stang new was a 6 cyl….it has a v8 5 lug frt end from a v8 falcon under it,,,and still has it ,cause we still own all 3 cars today...we have been doing this stuff for so long,,way before this forum was even thought about...I can't tell for sure in the pic,,but if my black 64 is missing a hood,,that was when I had a cross ram intake with 2 4's on it,it was just a tad to tall,,couldn't shut the hood,,so it was removed.for awhile,,,the 4spd in OL RUSTY at one time was in that black stang,,just different tailshafts….I can't tell in the pic's,,but there could be 3x2's on that little 289....the good part is we still have it all on a shelf in the shop...pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Very cool!
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:Very cool!
was cool 'til the dust and vibration took it's toil on GLENDA'S movie camara !!….but later we got another inside car camara that was built for the task !! thanks POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

LET me tell y"all what I did back in the summer......I have an old 1988 4whl drive F150 with the paint rotted off,,it,s black,,or was when new..but I rubbed it down with a scotch bright pad all over,then I took a sponge with some boiled linseed oil and by hand I coated the entire trk…..it looks like wax when wet,,bubbles up and even changed the color of the surface rust,,it has the very best PATINA THAT you could want...it has a look that anybody could like....if you like PATINA..and I do ,,these fancy paint jobs mean very little to POP ~~!!this old trk has a perfect straight body,,other then surface rust on the top and hood,,it's sharp/////6cyl..4spd granny low..with cruise air tilt whl,,,hard to beat...just a great knock about trk...other then MPG..when it comes to that///it sucks !!!! it's a gas drinker...but itfits OL POP to a tee.....has a 131,000 actual miles,,runs like a singer sewing machine...I have 4 new tires on it and DRIVES like a GO CART,,,and it has the LOOK !!!! thanks.....been meaning to mention it for awhile...just never got around to it ……...pop
pop/glenda

frdpwr

Post by frdpwr »

I found these the other day, we built this back around 1995-1996.
51 Ford A.jpg
51 Ford A.jpg (115.93 KiB) Viewed 2532 times
51 Ford B.jpg
51 Ford B.jpg (91.75 KiB) Viewed 2532 times

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

this little ford was built for my oldest grd son's 8th birthday,, which is son's only son , flathead v8 standard 3spd on the column with an overdrive trans,,I took the gas cap door off to get the paint store to match the paint,,the day I got ready to paint it,CORY,grd son thru such a fit to stay home from school,,so him and I talked his mom and dad into him staying at home...when I shot a test checking out the color....I said ,CORY, this ain't right,,it;s way off....he said that's OK POP ! I like the color better,,,paint it...CORY said it reminds me of a glow worm...I said are you sure ?? yes.POP paint it,,,so I did,,,,the lettering on the side of the little trailer says GLOW WORM !!! we still have it and the trailer....it's not driven often anymore,,,but I have been out of state a few times in it and him and I have taken it to many car shows,,I always entered in his name and when it would win anything He always got to go by hisself up front of crowd and receive his reward.....today me and son deal with CORY'S son,,,CHASE ,HE'S alittle over 4 yrso…..CORY will be 32 in august....me and son have this cobra to finish in a couple of months,,then his 74 and my 77 bronco to get back up and running ,,then his 67 fst back 289 4spd and pop's 67 S code 4spd fst back to redo,,we are giving us 2 yrs from about today,,,then CHASE will be into baseball we hope ,as CHASE'S mother is a hell of a ball player and rifle shot....then these old fords will take a back seat ,,,it'll be time,after all...thanks POP
pop/glenda