Guess I am Psychotic

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lou's Comet

Guess I am Psychotic

Post by Lou's Comet »

Joe Travers

Re: Guess I am Psychotic

Post by Joe Travers »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I spent yesterday on the couch watching Don Garlits blow up dragsters! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I'm not into loud for the sake of loud, example Harleys
Really enjoy a V8 with the mufflers that create a rumble.
Rock'n'roll n racecars need to be loud, imo
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Joe Travers wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:00 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I spent yesterday on the couch watching Don Garlits blow up dragsters! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Joe
If you are ever in Ocala Fl. Check out his museum, very cool place. Actually got to meet him the first time I visited the museum. Been back a few times and always see something I missed before. A lot of stuff there.

Lou

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

SASSY wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:46 pm
"...........................................
I agree. Loud rock-n-roll and hot rods are some of my favorite things!

My car is probably going to be a little too loud for most. But.......that's part of it.

Been looking at these for mufflers.

https://blackwidowexhaust.com/mufflers/ ... -p69115270.

Lou

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Lou's Comet wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:07 pm
SASSY wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:46 pm
"...........................................
I agree. Loud rock-n-roll and hot rods are some of my favorite things!

My car is probably going to be a little too loud for most. But.......that's part of it.

Been looking at these for mufflers.

https://blackwidowexhaust.com/mufflers/ ... -p69115270.

Lou
I was in Ocola in '83, couldn't find the place. I understand he was just opening and all I had was his name, no body could help me.,,, no internet!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Lou's Comet wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:57 pm
If you are ever in Ocala Fl. Check out his museum, very cool place. Actually got to meet him the first time I visited the museum. Been back a few times and always see something I missed before. A lot of stuff there.

Lou
Yah, my running buddy keeps wanting to take me there but I'm not a big dragster buff. Don was my little brother's hero, of sorts.
I was waxing nostalgic yesterday, talking to a friend who was sending me pictures where we grew up as teenagers. Telling stories about grenading clutches made me think of him and Don, so I sat down and watched a few hours for old times sake.

Then you posted being psychotic, ready for round two :lol:

BTW- thinking of changing my muffs out to turbos. Inspection stations give me the evil eye.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I guess I'm only borderline psychotic. I bought 2 of the y pipes for my exhaust several years ago, they still in the boxes. but I got hung up trying to figure out which of the cut out motors to get, reading the reviews ,some weren't good,never could decide, then tore the car down for a couple years now. I think I'll change mufflers at same time to something quieter since I would be able to make it loud with the flip of a switch. :twisted:
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

My Falcon is deafening. I love it! I guess I’m crazy too! :?
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

comethead wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:57 pm
My Falcon is deafening. I love it! I guess I’m crazy too! :?
It's a racecar,, 'pose to be!

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

SASSY wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:00 pm
I was in Ocola in '83, couldn't find the place. I understand he was just opening and all I had was his name, no body could help me.,,, no internet!
My Dad lives in Ocala. I go down every Jan to visit him and go to Mecum. Usually do the museum every other year. The building with the dragsters is cool. Last year he was working on one when we were there. But I really like the building with his personal cars and customs. A lot of old fords and flathead stuff. Seemed he preferred Fords for his and his wife's personal cars, and hemi's for the race stuff. Cool place.

Lou

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:31 am
I guess I'm only borderline psychotic. I bought 2 of the y pipes for my exhaust several years ago, they still in the boxes. but I got hung up trying to figure out which of the cut out motors to get, reading the reviews ,some weren't good,never could decide, then tore the car down for a couple years now. I think I'll change mufflers at same time to something quieter since I would be able to make it loud with the flip of a switch. :twisted:
So with the cutouts you can turn the psychotic on and off! Kind of like Dr Jekyll and mr hyde? 🙂
Yea I thought about the cut outs but never had any luck with them. I am just going with straight thru mufflers and tailpipes out the back corners. I am ok with loud.

You get your windshield back in?

Lou

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

You're giving me wild ideas, Lou :lol:
The cutouts would work well when the kid w/ the subwoofers is blaring besides you in traffic.
I have an old friend, rigged a pump and reservoir up under the hood of his truck in HS. It shot A/T fluid into the manifold plenum.
Think *James Bond* :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lou's Comet wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:13 pm
poboyjo65 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:31 am
So with the cutouts you can turn the psychotic on and off! Kind of like Dr Jekyll and mr hyde? 🙂
Yea I thought about the cut outs but never had any luck with them. I am just going with straight thru mufflers and tailpipes out the back corners. I am ok with loud.

You get your windshield back in?

Lou
na haven't done the glass yet, or painted the dash.been busy. Just had the other cataract took out so been trying to stay out of my dusty shop until I can heal & get new glasses to see better,then I can clean blow shop out & start on the paint. before that yard work tuggin at me, ,,,,,,,,& then working on tore up mower ,then buy more mowers.then modify new mower to mulch like old mower,,, :roll: . I hired it out last year because I was too busy to fix my old mower .But this year I didnt like the way they cut it so I fixed my mower & then found a deal I was looking for before I fixed the old one. :roll: but now I'll have a spare mower. But I did work on the splash shield rubber seals ,I had made some 10 years ago & told myself I'd put them on after the fenders were on to get a better fit & never did.

Well,,,,yeah on the Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde,,,,sorta,,,I was thinking more like Mild Mannered Clark Kent / SuperMan .

But another thing I could go ahead & pipe in the Y's & then cap & uncap manually,,until I find motors with good reviews, or I may never. this set from summit & comes with bolts/nuts & Cap plates & gaskets, & dont look bad for the money,& got some band clamps. The pipe part is SS ,but a magnet will stick to the flanges,I think they are aluminized steel. I figure I'd put them on there,looks pretty easy just saw out a chunk of pipe & install with bands clamps. Some day I might want to roll in rumbling at the cruise in.
Johno