bad day from my garage

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
wgreggking

bad day from my garage

Post by wgreggking »

started it up in the garage, got in front to pop hood, somehow wasnt in park? ran in reverse on high idle, with me trying to jump in the window, almost got in the window, but got out just before i got my arm slightly smashed by the side of the garage. We will see how JC taylor ins is to work with.At least i have a rust free parts car. BUMMED but hey I aint dead. GK[URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url][URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Image 64 caliente 302 auto

Rarerat

Re: bad day from my garage

Post by Rarerat »

I am so very sorry to see this but am very thankful you didn't get seriously hurt.

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

sorry man,the same thing happened to my dad.he walked around and climbed in the trunk of his 56 crown vic to reach a cb wire and it started rolling down the hill with him in the trunk.he jumped out and ran beside it. he managed to open the driver side door just in time for a tree to hit it right in the door jam almost tore it off.totaled the car.the horn started blowing.my dad just sat on the ground with his head in his hands. i got a wrench and unhooked his battery. it was a 1 owner,or. paint,int. show winner.it still had the plastic cover on the back seat.the old man who bought it new said only groceries had been in the back seat it had never been sat in.he really never got over that,he had 11 56s and he sold them all after that happened.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Glad you are ok. Sorry to hear about the car, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MAN thats a bummer,just glad your OK !!My 77 bronco did the same thing,left it idleing in park went inside for a cup of coffee on my way to deer camp ,WAS paying for the coffee when a man came in the store and ask who belongs to this old bronco? ,it just backed into my brand new ford truck,it was sitting there just idleing away in reverse against his door,this new trk didn't even have LIC's plate yet....if it hadn't hit the truck ,it would have hit a gas pump....so maybe there was a silver lineing in there somewhere?? My insurance took care of the damage ,but my question was ,Why did it have to hit another FORD...why not a bow tie product...that way it would not have bothered me so much...and I was very thankful no one was standing or walking behind it.......good luck POP
pop/glenda

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

Thanks for the support, I guess I'll have to drive that 96 GT convertible this winter, that shares the garage. GK

duncanjl

Post by duncanjl »

Sorry for the bad luck good side is you weren't hurt and car can be fixed but it still P--sed U off LATER ROLL COMETS J L

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Sickening to see. you sound like you have picked your self back up & marching forward . did it get both quarters on top?
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Sorry to hear of your bad luck, but glad you weren't hurt. At least it dropped into reverse rather than drive. When I was a teen I worked in a garage with an old guy that had a bad limp. I asked him what happened and he said he was tuning up a car years earlier, revving the engine, and it dropped into DRIVE! Pinned him against the wall and crushed both legs. So, it could have been worse.
Jim

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

slightly tweaked on top left(worst) and right, but the gas tank lip to the back tail panel is straight.no wrinkles on sides.I have a parts car, 64 4 door if needed .trunk is the same I think. I had some rust in the quarters down low from bad trunk seal. some bondo, Maybe I can get a partial quarter job and be ahead or the game.Got 10K classic ins agreed value.Maybe If I supply all the parts ( I have them) i could get the rears fixed as well.Bad day in all, coyote in the chicken run, crashed the comet, credit card hacked for hundreds, broke my glasses, bought a twelve of newcastle and stayed home. still sunny out lookin out for lightning! GK[URL=http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]

ec164

Post by ec164 »

Glad your not hurt and still have since of humor. Hopefully that twelve of Newcastle helps you sleep tonight................Al
Your ahead in a Mercury....all the way!

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Damn, where do you live! Glad you're ok, but man, I'd be hammering down a few about now :lol: Looks like it's fixable from the pics, and if you have a parts car, all the better. All the best with getting it fixed, we're pulling for you.

Motor Safe,
Lee
Motor Safe,
Lee

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

:D I like how your looking at all this. If you make the car better, even if you have to throw out some cash you'll feel better on down the road .
Johno

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

HOLY CRAP,Glad to hear you are not hurt [physically]!!!!!!The COMET looks repairable,but pictures don't show everything!! GOOD LUCK,time for a Stick!!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

loman

Post by loman »

Wow! I feel for you. Like everyone else has said, at least no one was hurt. I hope your head isn't hurting this morning either from the 12 pack of Newcastle.