Vietnam Veterans Day

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Vietnam Veterans Day

Post by poboyjo65 »

To all who served Thank You.
Johno

comethead

Re: Vietnam Veterans Day

Post by comethead »

A big Salute to those that served during that conflict!

Here's something interesting-
During Vietnam the old prop driven A1 Skyraider was used in a search and rescue and close air support role. In 1966 a small element of Navy A1s were jumped by some Migs in North Vietnam. No A1s were lost and 1 Mig was shot down! With another 2 Migs damaged!
http://skyraider.org/skyassn/sartapes/m ... igkill.htm
Hell yeah! Get some of that ya commies! :twisted:

At the bottom of the page there's an audio file of the mission debrief.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

BJB

Post by BJB »

comethead wrote:A big Salute to those that served during that conflict!

Here's something interesting-
During Vietnam the old prop driven A1 Skyraider was used in a search and rescue and close air support role. In 1966 a small element of Navy A1s were jumped by some Migs in North Vietnam. No A1s were lost and 1 Mig was shot down! With another 2 Migs damaged!
http://skyraider.org/skyassn/sartapes/m ... igkill.htm
Hell yeah! Get some of that ya commies! :twisted:

At the bottom of the page there's an audio file of the mission debrief.

Joe

Go the A1, designed in WW2 and retired in 1970. Douglas got it right. ..
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

albert

Post by albert »

My wife is director of our community chorus and we are having a patriotic concert on May 22 dedicated to Vietnam Vets and Korean Vets. We have several vets from both Vietnam and Korean wars in our community five of them in our Chorus. We need to honor and take better care of our vets and support our troops who will no doubt be going into action soon.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Beings I was raised in the army and has lived all over the world before I was a teenager,and my DAD retired from the army and him being buried in the national cemetary due to war wounds at 57yrso......GOD and everyone that knows me ,are aware of the upper most respect OL POP has for a VET,,they come to the front of the line,I open doors for them I speak very respectful,and I don't give a tinkers damn of thier age,if they have a uniform on ,as far as POP is concerned ,the cream has rision to the top,,at my youngest grd son's HS graduation,I almost got into a 60's teenage fist fight cause a punk ass SOB and his buddy wouldn't remove thier hats during the national athem....stuff like that galls my butt,,I take my hat off while watching TV if they play NAT ATHEM,like before a NASCAR race and when they say a prayer...it show respect and thanks for me getting to do what I do,,cause people have given up so much in order for our freedom ,it takes a full blooded low life not to show respect to our fallon soldiers and to the ones that put that uniform on every day......thank you and god bless our uniforms...pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:Beings I was raised in the army and has lived all over the world before I was a teenager,and my DAD retired from the army and him being buried in the national cemetary due to war wounds at 57yrso......GOD and everyone that knows me ,are aware of the upper most respect OL POP has for a VET,,they come to the front of the line,I open doors for them I speak very respectful,and I don't give a tinkers damn of thier age,if they have a uniform on ,as far as POP is concerned ,the cream has rision to the top,,at my youngest grd son's HS graduation,I almost got into a 60's teenage fist fight cause a punk ass SOB and his buddy wouldn't remove thier hats during the national athem....stuff like that galls my butt,,I take my hat off while watching TV if they play NAT ATHEM,like before a NASCAR race and when they say a prayer...it show respect and thanks for me getting to do what I do,,cause people have given up so much in order for our freedom ,it takes a full blooded low life not to show respect to our fallon soldiers and to the ones that put that uniform on every day......thank you and god bless our uniforms...pop
Amen Pop!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

albert

Post by albert »

Pops, you got a special way of bringing it into perspective, good on ya!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

ec164

Post by ec164 »

Thanks Pop, and to all Veterans.............Al

I have always done same during races and ballgames on TV
Your ahead in a Mercury....all the way!

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ec164 wrote:Thanks Pop, and to all Veterans.............Al

I have always done same during races and ballgames on TV
BECAUSE that what WE do!!!thank y'all POP