POP's sheep rider

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
comethead

Re: POP's sheep rider

Post by comethead »

I love it Pop!!
You gotta post up them pics of him dressed up as the Fonz! 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Here a couple of mo's ago a friend of mine gave CHASE scaled down T bucket,,has 13in slicks on the rear 8in frt tires..has a 4whlr engine on it,electric starter and all,,about 6ft long,,,neatest thing you ever saw....looks just like a full sized T bucket only smaller,,centrifcal clutch chain driven,,,windshield on it and even a small bed,,,I took it up to the local FORD DEALERSHIP where I hang out at and drink coffee,,it was a big hit ,,customers flogged it,,had one lady ask if she could get in it and have pictures made ...I said if you want to lift your leg while wearing that skirt,,go for it!so she did !! she climbed in and I bet her husband and other customers took 45 pic's...I'll get it out of the shop and get some PIC's of POP's little fonzie standing next to it and behind the wheel,,,it is so cool even has a dummy rad shell on the frt,,,he rides it all over this 10 acre place,,the way it is geared it ain't fast ,,just right ,,when I 1st brought it home the brks were worn out,,they were manual ,,son converted it over to hyd brakes,,,and redesigned the pedals to work for him....if anybody thinks OL POP's head swells just a tad and his eyes get a touch watery when he talks about this little guy....WELL YOU COULD BE CORRECT :!: :!: :D :D he fits like a glove..............pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Have not spoke much about this sheep rider lately,,,,he's going on 7,,,is in to playing ball ,,takes up alot of shop time,games practice,,but shop can wait,,,he's young just once,,,,had a game tonight,,we almost froze our hinny off,,,it was cold,,and even tho his team lost by a couple of runs,,after the game was over,,the winning coach gave this little sheep rider the game ball signed dated and told him how impressed he was the way he plays 1st base,and all the outs he got guarding 1st base,,I thought that gesture was stright up :!: :D :D we were told last week other coaches are eyeing him,,,,I never miss a practice or a game....I rather hear the crack of a bat over a V8 ford running.......maybe it's time for OL POP to have a yard sell :wink: maybe even a comet for sell.....but don't hold me to it,,,,pop
pop/glenda

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Pops I understand what your saying. I'll be posting its own thread later today but delivered my old 351C, the 4speed and associated driveline pieces to its new owner who most of us know.
I accepted the fact that I was never gonna do anything with that stuff. Made it known I was considering letting it go and the right cardtaker came along.
Good luck with your decisions they're hard ones.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:12 am
Have not spoke much about this sheep rider lately,,,,he's going on 7,,,is in to playing ball ,,takes up alot of shop time,games practice,,but shop can wait,,,he's young just once,,,,had a game tonight,,we almost froze our hinny off,,,it was cold,,and even tho his team lost by a couple of runs,,after the game was over,,the winning coach gave this little sheep rider the game ball signed dated and told him how impressed he was the way he plays 1st base,and all the outs he got guarding 1st base,,I thought that gesture was stright up :!: :D :D we were told last week other coaches are eyeing him,,,,I never miss a practice or a game....I rather hear the crack of a bat over a V8 ford running.......maybe it's time for OL POP to have a yard sell :wink: maybe even a comet for sell.....but don't hold me to it,,,,pop
Awesome Pop!! My boys 13 and plays ball too. I built a batting cage in my back yard and bought a pitching machine. My old shoulders can’t throw hard strikes anymore so the machine was a great investment. He’s doing great and can’t get enough baseball!
Good luck to the little sheep rider!
Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

Hey pop here he is cashing in some runs during a tournament today. Bases loaded double sealed the deal and won the game! :D
https://youtu.be/l9gypreR6bM
(Lower the volume because his mom lost control of the phone and her screaming) :lol:

Joe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that is TOP NOTCH,,,,,I never thought shop work and a FORD would take back seat or get put on back burner to hardly anything,,,but for POP and entire family,,,what ever this sheep rider wants to do comes to the front,,,my comet has not even seen daylight in about 3 mo's,,still on a lift up in the air in the shop,,his MC,go kart,4 whlr,,bicycles,,,,big foot buggy,,,all is parked under comet and behind it,,,take an hour just to move all his stuff,,,he has more to drive around then OL POP..son said we need to build another garage just to park his stuff in...he's a blessing and he fits us like a glove,,,,JOE,,thank you for shareing ,,,tell that boy POP is very proud of him,,,,his mother makes me recall GLENDA filming ,,she would get so pumped up she 'd dropped the camra and hollar so loud....she always said that's what MOTHERS do,,,,thanks again ..he did good !!.....POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Thanks Pop!
I completely understand the priority shift. Things change and watching the little buggers grow and get strong and confident is an amazing experience. Im lucky that my boy enjoys both the Comet and the Falcon so we squeeze in all the interests when we can.
Thanks again and take care!

Joe

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Baseball has always been my favorite sport. Sadlty (for me) after 6-years, my older boy hung up the glove last year to go only football. Still coaching my youngest's team. We won the league championship last year & while rec ball only, still a heckuva thing IMO. Shucks, I didn't even care about the trophy, just wanted to see the boys live up to their potential. They dug in for those games & played outta their minds, especially defensively! I told 'em after the 1st round pool game where we came from several runs down that I didn't need anything else outta the season - you guys just keep playing your best for each other! Great stuff.

We'll see how they fare this year w/ the new rules. Probably my last run as coach as they're getting past what I can help them learn. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. Heck, several of the games, we took the Comet along with a couple 50's/60's wood grain & avocado green water jugs - period correct!! :) They we're a big hit in the dugout.

ETA - Shucks, I found a pic! At least Pop oughtta recognize one of those old steel water jugs! :lol: Can't hurt the kid is giving the Comet a hug too! :)

'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

My Pop played minor league pro ball in mid-'50s and we all grew up playing baseball.
I played on a few champ teams '60s-'70s when I was young and coached my kids until they started working in HS.

It's very fulfilling to see them build confidence and work together toward a common goal. Lots of life lessons in baseball, a great game.
My oldest caught the Mustang bug from me in HS and we built a couple together until he left for college.
Out of four boys, he's the only to still be into wrenching and driving old Fords. Wish he lived nearby. I need a hand most days :(

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

As young as me and glenda were when started going camping ,we bought all those ice chest,water jugs ..portable stoves all the things that are sought after today,,,but after graduateing to campers,,that stuff seemed to have gotten misplaced,,,sure wish I had known to have hung onto them..seems I might have an old coleman gas lantarn in the shop......POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Rocket989 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:32 am
Baseball has always been my favorite sport. Sadlty (for me) after 6-years, my older boy hung up the glove last year to go only football. Still coaching my youngest's team. We won the league championship last year & while rec ball only, still a heckuva thing IMO. Shucks, I didn't even care about the trophy, just wanted to see the boys live up to their potential. They dug in for those games & played outta their minds, especially defensively! I told 'em after the 1st round pool game where we came from several runs down that I didn't need anything else outta the season - you guys just keep playing your best for each other! Great stuff.

We'll see how they fare this year w/ the new rules. Probably my last run as coach as they're getting past what I can help them learn. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. Heck, several of the games, we took the Comet along with a couple 50's/60's wood grain & avocado green water jugs - period correct!! :) They we're a big hit in the dugout.

ETA - Shucks, I found a pic! At least Pop oughtta recognize one of those old steel water jugs! :lol: Can't hurt the kid is giving the Comet a hug too! :)

Awesome! Love the uniform!
It’s the memories that matter. I tell my boy celebrate the wins and learn from the losses. He’s still into it at 13 so we’ll see how far he takes it.

Joe