sunday drive

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
tweaked

sunday drive

Post by tweaked »

On Saturday I get a text, A bunch of us are going take our cars out and drive by Val's place to show him some support. Val is a friend, coworker and car guy. He is loosing his battle with cancer. Cancer sucks. I'm told we are going to meet in the papermill parking lot. That is where I work. There was over 80 cars and truck and motorbikes. Val worked on the paper machines and they where shutdown so a lot of paper makers came out. We all head out to the house, I get to about 2 1/2 blocks from the house and we sit and wait. I thought this taking a long time I wonder why. When I got to the house Val was sitting at the end of the driveway talking and saying good byes to everyone. I had not seen him since he left work. It was sad but also heart warming that we all got to do this before he passed. Way better than going to a funeral. I had opened the exhaust at the mill to make the comet more racy. First thing he said when I pulled up was a real race car, a real race car awesome. We talked a bit then I told I would be nice in his neighborhood but listen for when I get out on the main drag. Which happens to be where we held drag races for 3 years. made 2 hits with 8000 rpm shifts for him to hear.
The problem is we all think we have time.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

popscomet

Re: sunday drive

Post by popscomet »

VERY NICE !! hat's off to each and everyone of you guys...may GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!...we are not promised tomorrow...POP
pop/glenda