PM

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
comethead

PM

Post by comethead »

Hey Mike my PM inbox is full and it won’t let me delete old messages.
I have a message on hold.
Help! :(

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

lavron
Site Admin

Re: PM

Post by lavron »

I will try and figure out what the issue is.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Hey Joe!

I use this one; User Control Panel> Private Messages> Rules, Folders & Settings> If folder is full> Delete oldest message.
The folder will delete oldest message and roll over to allow #101.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Joe the only thing I could find I could do is to purge your outbox, I did but it said it was already empty, maybe that got something to kick, if not I will Google around and see if there is something hidden I can do.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Joe, I was checking and found the suggestion to delete the messages one at a time by opening them and checking the delete box, seems there was a bug that would not allow mass delete, but I think we should be past that version, however there is an update currently I need to apply sometime, so probably dark one night I will do that, I will try and inform the group when I am scheduling to do it because the forum will be unavailable during that time.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

comethead

Post by comethead »

lavron wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:08 am
Joe, I was checking and found the suggestion to delete the messages one at a time by opening them and checking the delete box, seems there was a bug that would not allow mass delete, but I think we should be past that version, however there is an update currently I need to apply sometime, so probably dark one night I will do that, I will try and inform the group when I am scheduling to do it because the forum will be unavailable during that time.

See Ya,
Mike
Thanks Mike! The manual delete worked on a message that allowed me to read the one that was on hold.
Otherwise inbox is still full. I’ll go ahead and delete a few more to a make room.
Thank you!

Joe

comethead

Post by comethead »

Joe Travers wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:33 am
Hey Joe!

I use this one; User Control Panel> Private Messages> Rules, Folders & Settings> If folder is full> Delete oldest message.
The folder will delete oldest message and roll over to allow #101.

JT
Thanks Joe!
I changed my settings. I hope it works.

Thanks again!

Joe

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

comethead wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:57 am
It'll work as a 'work-around' in the software.
My apologies to Mike for butting in but he's spot-on about the software. The host may have an updated version to accommodate individual post deletion, but it all has to be shut down and upgraded, which is a royal pain. Kudos to Mike for administering the site. It's a job I wouldn't want. Like pulling headers on my car! :shock: :D

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

comethead

Post by comethead »

Joe Travers wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:59 am
comethead wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:57 am
It'll work as a 'work-around' in the software.
My apologies to Mike for butting in but he's spot-on about the software. The host may have an updated version to accommodate individual post deletion, but it all has to be shut down and upgraded, which is a royal pain. Kudos to Mike for administering the site. It's a job I wouldn't want. Like pulling headers on my car! :shock: :D

JT
Funny you should mention- the Dougs headers in my Falcon are a major pain in the rear to remove/replace! Holy moly it involves engine mount removal and tilting the engine all over as well as loosening the steering gearbox :x

Joe

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

comethead wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:55 pm
Funny you should mention- the Dougs headers in my Falcon are a major pain in the rear to remove/replace! Holy moly it involves engine mount removal and tilting the engine all over as well as loosening the steering gearbox :x
No steering box here, thank goodness! The '63 is mucho tight. Number 5 tube is riding on the shock tower. Old rascal on here gave me a good tip to fix that when it warms up a bit. :P

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop