Honey Do taking me away from Comet

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Honey Do taking me away from Comet

Post by lavron »

This has been my honey-do for the last week, assembling a gazebo we ordered from Amazon as a Christmas present.

It is 10'x12' all-aluminum, took me a week to get it together because it is supposed to be a two-person job I did by myself and it has been cold so I haven't gone out super early to work on it (I know Fred would probably be wearing shorts & t-shirt in this weather and complaining about how hot it was :P ) Today it is really windy (the main reason we went with a metal-roofed one instead of soft-top) and I have the screens and curtains left to hang thought I would wait. It is screwed down to the deck and getting stress-tested today :roll:

My wife wants me to move all my grilling stuff over there, I guess going across the driveway will be like dining out :P

This is the doublewide BTW for anyone that doesn't know, it was our guesthouse but has been taken over by wife as a home office, I guess if we have any guests they can still sleep over there but will have to go find someplace else to hang out if she is working :P

Hopefully, I have gained enough brownie points this week to give me some time to work on the Comet, still waiting for the starter relays to get here. I guess they are using Covid as an excuse for the time it is taking to get them here.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Re: Honey Do taking me away from Comet

Post by comethead »

That looks great Mike!!!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

The spacing on those porch piers could hold up a herd of elephants! :shock: You expecting a crowd for the BBQ? :lol:

Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:04 pm
The spacing on those porch piers could hold up a herd of elephants! You expecting a crowd for the BBQ?
That is per the instructions of the block manufacture, but I do make some good BBQ, and lots of people usually show up :P

I can tell you that this deck (in a different configuration) was on there when the tornado hit the double-wide, some of the big trees that fell on the house also fell on the deck, the trailer shifted in the storm the deck did not move (the deck was on the side that sustained the most damage as well, all the windows were knocked out on this side, that is a bedroom window you see in the picture, there was a branch that went through the wall just below the window, I still have not repaired the sheetrock inside just taped it up and hung a curtain down over it, someday I will remodel that room and fix it), made me a believer :P

The gazebo is pretty neat but wasn't cheap, I wanted to just build one but wasn't allowed too :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:01 pm
I can tell you that this deck (in a different configuration) was on there when the tornado hit the double-wide, some of the big trees that fell on the house also fell on the deck, the trailer shifted in the storm the deck did not move (the deck was on the side that sustained the most damage as well, all the windows were knocked out on this side, that is a bedroom window you see in the picture, there was a branch that went through the wall just below the window, I still have not repaired the sheetrock inside just taped it up and hung a curtain down over it, someday I will remodel that room and fix it), made me a believer :P
Contractor FINALLY showed up yesterday to tear down the awning on my carport after Hurricane Laura, four months ago. Replaced the facia where the roofline meets the top where it had been leaking for several years. Won't get the new roof until Monday. Things worked out perfectly, my buddy that owns the house next door is between renters and I can park the Comet there today when it rains. Won't get water in my trunk and down my door panels. I gots to find me some new rubber next year to seal it all up. :P

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:34 am
I gots to find me some new rubber next year to seal it all up.
I have been looking at all the new weatherstripping, window seals etc I got to buy, dang expensive but I don't want to go with the cheap stuff, I intend to only do this once :P I just wish I had all my bodywork done and was painting, I am so ready to get this closed up and on the road.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:50 am
Joe Travers wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:34 am
I gots to find me some new rubber next year to seal it all up.
I have been looking at all the new weatherstripping, window seals etc I got to buy, dang expensive but I don't want to go with the cheap stuff, I intend to only do this once :P
I hope Eckler's sells quality rubber 'cause I have a new repop shifter boot ordered that's been sitting there for 3 weeks! :(
The little guys are really moving slow this year. Big guys, not so much. :?

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:10 pm
I hope Eckler's sells quality rubber
Can't say for sure on that, I am looking at Steele Rubber it is supposed to be molded just like the original, I think they have everything but the fuzzys and the window track liners so I will have to source them from someplace else. The few parts I have already bought (door handle/body gaskets, etc.) I got from Melvin's and they seem to be ok, some are cork and some are rubber I guess depending on what they originally were :?:

I need to get busy and paint the interior parts around the windows and the dash, all of that is going to be satin black, I also could prep and paint around the window openings on the outside so the windows could go back in (after I install the headliner) I really didn't want to do everything piecemeal but I may have to.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Yes the old honey do,,,
One ths mistakes I make too often is showing Marilyn pics of work I've on different handiman jobs.
Pretty soon I'm asked to do a " little " job around the house that reminds me of work of done in the past,,,,,,.
So now that I've pretty much shut down for the winter and ready to get to automotive projects I've been wanting to do
I've come to a stumbling block,,, a pottery studio.
Oh well promises made, promises to keep.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about