Welcome to 2021 - Happy New Year!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to 2021 - Happy New Year!

Post by lavron »

tweaked wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:38 pm
After watching your video Mike, I went back and read my build thread. The pictures are gone as that web hosting site changed hands and I lost the pics. I went through folders of pictures on my computer and found the pictures. maybe I will added them back. Funny reading the thread reminded me of a couple goals/plans I had for tweaked. I had always wanted to paint it red, not anymore. It will always be white with flames now. Alot of unfinished things on my comet.
The picture thing was one reason I switched the hosting over on the site so I could add the photo storage, supposedly it has unlimited space but I don't believe that for a minute but I have been trying to fill it up :P there may be a way to retrieve your missing pictures but you will still have to re-link them, I know that is a hassle for sure :roll:

I love having the forum to go back and read my own thread, I changed a lot just in the thread, that is where if someone wants good advice on rebuilding the front end of their Comet they read it in my thread, of course, I didn't do any of it :roll: but that doesn't make the suggestions any less valid.

I wonder if anyone is really ever "done" with building their Comet? I tend to throw that "done" term around a lot but I know there will always be something else I want to do, that is why I have talked about building another Comet (or something else) when this one is "done" to keep me from tearing it up again :P
popscomet wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:53 pm
white and flames are the way to go,ROGER......to many red ones
I am in total agreement with Pops here, not that there is anything wrong with a red Comet, they look good, but if someone was to say, "You know the guy with the red Comet" :? , but if they said the white one with flames you would say Rodger or Tweaked, I will probably be the guy with the 6 cyl and air ride Comet :P still shooting for grey paint but if it was getting it painted professionally it would be silver like Pops said or back to the original Pecan Frost even though I have had so many people tell me to leave it primer black I have wanted to paint the car for 40 years so it is going to get painted.

I think my vision has changed for the Comet since I have owned it (certainly the air ride was a more recent addition) When I was 18 I wanted to paint the car and get all the chrome redone (my dad wanted it red :lol: ) now I don't care about a perfect body or bright shiny new chrome because I want to drive it not to take it to shows and while I will still be careful with the car I don't want to worry about a $10,000 paint job every time I go out.

I hope when everybody sees it in person this June they will be impressed with my hackery :roll: (my hackery hero that I idolize is Fred (Sassy) of course, I want to be like him when I grow up, except for the whole Canadian thing :P ) of course they may all make fun of me :? when I am not around.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

Amen to that Mike!
As much I’d love a shiny paint job I know what’s next...worrying about it. My son keeps asking when we’ll paint it. Maybe we will soon but man I’m not looking forward to it :lol:
So Fred...as far as painting the damned thing. No!! :D

Hey Mike how far west ya thinking for the First Annual Comet Central West Gathering?

Joe
Last edited by comethead on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

comethead

Post by comethead »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:30 am

Hey Boss have you talked to Dave 6t5 404 lately? We stayed in touch for awhile but I haven’t heard from him in a couple years. I hope all is well.

Joe
No, its been a while. I think about calling him every once in a while but for some reason I have not. I'll try this week.
Great keep us updated.
I always joked with him that I’d fly out to his place and cut the hole for his 4 speed installation so he wouldn’t have to! He really wants a 4 speed but really doesn’t want to cut up his car hehe

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP meet DAVE a few yrs ago at PF gathering,,,offered to buy the wheels on my 94 f150 for his lighting PU,,,such a super nice man,,,was a honor to shake his hand.....as everyone else's hand,might I add,,,but DAVE just stood out.
pop/glenda

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

comethead wrote:
Great keep us updated.
I always joked with him that I’d fly out to his place and cut the hole for his 4 speed installation so he wouldn’t have to! He really wants a 4 speed but really doesn’t want to cut up his car hehe
Talked to Dave today, everythings is good. Said he won't know if he will attend the gathering until it gets much closer.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

comethead wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:31 pm
Hey Mike how far west ya thinking for the First Annual Comet Central West Gathering?
Well, for me to attend I guess I have already proved I would drive most of the way across 3 states to meet other Comet people, certainly Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas or even Colorado (east of the Rockies) might be doable :roll: I guess a drive across the plains would be easy if it wasn't windy. And yes I left out further north unless it was early enough to avoid cold :? Drove down the eastern slope of the Rockies in October behind a snowplow once, was ok once we hit Turners Falls (?) me and my brother drove from San Fransisco to MO and just stopped once to sleep in Utah for a few hours (where my brother got the one ticket we deserved on that trip) but we were young then and had a car that went fast (I hate to say it was a Honda but it was my brother's car) Light poles flew by like fence posts and we were averaging 80mph through the open range at night, I guess we were blessed on that trip because more than once we blew by a cow standing on the edge of the highway :shock:

Hopefully, I am a little smarter than that now :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:05 pm
comethead wrote:
Great keep us updated.
Talked to Dave today, everythings is good. Said he won't know if he will attend the gathering until it gets much closer.
Glad he’s ok! Thanks!

comethead

Post by comethead »

lavron wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:25 pm
comethead wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:31 pm
Well, for me to attend I guess I have already proved I would drive most of the way across 3 states to meet other Comet people, certainly Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas or even Colorado (east of the Rockies) might be doable :roll: I guess a drive across the plains would be easy if it wasn't windy. And yes I left out further north unless it was early enough to avoid cold :? Drove down the eastern slope of the Rockies in October behind a snowplow once, was ok once we hit Turners Falls (?) me and my brother drove from San Fransisco to MO and just stopped once to sleep in Utah for a few hours (where my brother got the one ticket we deserved on that trip) but we were young then and had a car that went fast (I hate to say it was a Honda but it was my brother's car) Light poles flew by like fence posts and we were averaging 80mph through the open range at night, I guess we were blessed on that trip because more than once we blew by a cow standing on the edge of the highway :shock:

Hopefully, I am a little smarter than that now :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
I think Texas or Colorado would work for me. :D

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

comethead wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:29 am
I think Texas or Colorado would work for me. :D
Depending on location, I might be able to drive the Comet to Texas but it would still take a while @ 50-55 mph. :shock: :P

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi