Welcome to 2021 - Happy New Year!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Welcome to 2021 - Happy New Year!

Post by popscomet »

like everything else,,,it's hers,,,but I drive it,,,POP don't have nothing,,,after almost 54 yrs,,I buy her all this stuff,,she's a lucky woman to own her own tractor 4whl dr PU,,4-wheeler ,rhino side by side,,,,a shop full of equipment,,the list goes on,,,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: she's real proud of her 64 red comet :shock: .........but we share !! :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Nice video. That spam attack years back was terrible. For years we would get a spammer or two a week. Usually they would make a post or two. Easy, ban them and delete their post. That time is was thousands of post and I had to make 4 clicks to delete each post, which with my slow internet took hours to delete a hundred or so. I tried but wasn't making much progress till Lavron came back on and cleaned it up. After that I left here for a few years, I think that made me lose interest. But I'm back now and glad most of the same great people are on here. My youngest is a senior this year so I plan on going to the gathering this year, fingers crossed...
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:13 pm
My youngest is a senior this year so I plan on going to the gathering this year, fingers crossed...
I hope you make it, I really would like to finally meet you in person after all these years, the Gathering is so much fun and we do absolutely nothing but listen to Pops "true" stories :roll: :P
Boss/Cyclone wrote:
That time is was thousands of post and I had to make 4 clicks to delete each post, which with my slow internet took hours to delete a hundred or so. I tried but wasn't making much progress till Lavron came back on and cleaned it up.
I guess it was good it happened, it brought me back, sorry you had to deal with it however, you come to PF I will buy you dinner, it is the least I can do, and I think there is a McDonalds not too far away :lol: :lol: (really I don't know where McDs is in PF, I try to not set foot in there anymore)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

lavron wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:11 pm
Boss/Cyclone wrote:
My youngest is a senior this year so I plan on going to the gathering this year, fingers crossed...
I hope you make it, I really would like to finally meet you in person after all these years, the Gathering is so much fun and we do absolutely nothing but listen to Pops "true" stories :roll: :P
Boss/Cyclone wrote:
That time is was thousands of post and I had to make 4 clicks to delete each post, which with my slow internet took hours to delete a hundred or so. I tried but wasn't making much progress till Lavron came back on and cleaned it up.
I guess it was good it happened, it brought me back, sorry you had to deal with it however, you come to PF I will buy you dinner, it is the least I can do, and I think there is a McDonalds not too far away :lol: :lol: (really I don't know where McDs is in PF, I try to not set foot in there anymore)

See Ya,
Mike
I look forward to it, and yes it all worked out fine. I feel like I know all of you but only have meet Dave "6t5 404" in person. I used to talk to Roy on the phone a few times a year, still have his number in my phone, but that's about it up to now.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WELL ,been 2yrs since POP has been there,,but am going to try to make it this year.....need the correct date posted,,,,I still recall my room number I always got,,,will try for it again,,,,and those were true stories,,but running that state trooper onto the railroad tracks that night in my 59 ford and watching his headlights in my rear view still brings a grin.
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

For a stupid little video of it snowing it took me a day before I could get it to upload, maybe someday the phone company will care more about us folks in the country and offer faster internet :roll:

In the last 2 videos, I kept talking about the weather threat, it finally made it but was not as bad as they were calling for (we were under a winter storm warning)

Winter 2021

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

comethead

Post by comethead »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:18 pm
lavron wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:11 pm
Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Boss/Cyclone wrote:

See Ya,
Mike
I look forward to it, and yes it all worked out fine. I feel like I know all of you but only have meet Dave "6t5 404" in person. I used to talk to Roy on the phone a few times a year, still have his number in my phone, but that's about it up to now.
Hey Boss have you talked to Dave 6t5 404 lately? We stayed in touch for awhile but I haven’t heard from him in a couple years. I hope all is well.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

comethead

Post by comethead »

popscomet wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:05 am
POP is starting the new year out in style.....most ol retired guys go to a cafe coffee shop most everyday to BS and drink coffee,,,NOT pop,,,it's well known how I am when it comes to a ford,,,,I spend my time hangin out at a local ford dealership,,2-3 times a week,,,,been doing for awhile,,, I came home 2 wks ago and said to GLENDA,,,remember the day 12and as half yrs ago I retired and as we were leaving the railroad,,you said ,lets stop at the ford place and we'll buy you a new truck,,,and I said no ,not ready for one,,,,WELL,I finaly saw what I want today,,an OLD man brought in a 2018 F150 today to trade in on his new F150 that he had orderd,,this old man does this every couple of yrs,,,so she said lets go look at it,,,,it turns out to be the f150 limited,,,hardly no miles looks brand new in and out,,has every whistle and bell that can be put on one,,,,they told me to take it home for the week end,,,no pressure if I like it or don't bring it back ,,but if I decide I want it they will put 4 new tires,,as it still had the orignal on it,,,,so we wound up buying it 4days before XMAS,,,,I just have to learn the bells and whistles...it didn't take long to like the heated and cooled seats and the heated steering whl,,,,,that 450hp eco-boost V6 ain't no slouch either........and the day we bought it was also my parents wedding day yrs ago,,,so maybe that was a sign...,,,,pop
Congrats on the new truck Pops!!!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks JOE... it's a looker,,ruby red with dark blue leather bucket seats, they say,this thing backs up a trailer on it's own,,,I'll find out sooner or later,,,,right now I ain't firgued out how to get the garage door opener to open my garage door....but I sure like the remote start,,,kinda nice to start it in the house and have warm heat blowin and warm seats and steering whl when I get in it....right now here in AR the weather is bad and cold and wet....pop
pop/glenda

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Hey Boss have you talked to Dave 6t5 404 lately? We stayed in touch for awhile but I haven’t heard from him in a couple years. I hope all is well.

Joe
No, its been a while. I think about calling him every once in a while but for some reason I have not. I'll try this week.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Mike, I as well would like to thank you for Comet Central!
The good nature and knowledge found here is great!
The members I have spent time with has always been enjoyable and helpful when needed.
Roy, very opinionated, usually right is still missed. Pulled up to his place pullin the boler, Sassy was feeling ill, there was no hesitation he spent the rest of the afternoon helping me get it back going.
The rest of you SoCal dudes, miss gettin together since we no longer winter down there. Joe,, paint the dam thing!! Lol thanks for the friendship. Ron, Fordsforever and I had a lot in common and lots a discussions. George, comet65 I think, very creative, learned how to do a car on his Comet, great work.
Mike, rcmike took me on several adventures and helped me with my bucket list. ,,, who'd I miss?
Roger, on Vancouver Island was great to meet, too bad missed you in '19.
Looking forward to many more years and memories with you guys and Sassy.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Fred maybe one day the stars will align and we can meet in person as well, same to everyone here I haven't met already, the bad thing is I might recognize someone by their Comet more than face :roll: :lol: :lol:
SASSY wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:22 pm
Roy, very opinionated
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and I agree we miss him around here. For someone I never met in person he was influential to me and I was sad when I heard about his passing.

I wish someone (not me) would organize a fall Comet meet on the west side of me some time so I maybe could meet some other guys that can't go to PF because it is too far away, it certainly appears I would be willing to drive pretty far just to meet others, maybe not 700 miles but who knows :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

>>>>BEING opinionated and plain spoken is the way to be.....most times but you have to be smart enuf to know when and where .....JMO.....................pop
pop/glenda

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

After watching your video Mike, I went back and read my build thread. The pictures are gone as that web hosting site changed hands and I lost the pics. I went through folders of pictures on my computer and found the pictures. maybe I will added them back. Funny reading the thread reminded me of a couple goals/plans I had for tweaked. I had always wanted to paint it red, not anymore. It will always be white with flames now. Alot of unfinished things on my comet. The year following the build I had a serious injury at work, slowed me down for over 3 years. I sent most of the next work on racing the comet. Real happy with a street/strip comet but struggling with wanting to go faster and driving the comet more. Working on next plans. I'm going to start soon and will add to the original build thread.

Thanks again Mike.

Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

white and flames are the way to go,ROGER......to many red ones,,,,I wish a 100 times I'd painted mine silver,,,got an uncle that bought a brand new 64 2dr 202,,annavisory silver,,,always thought that was the best color for a comet,,pop
pop/glenda