Welcome to 2021 - Happy New Year!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Welcome to 2021 - Happy New Year!

Post by lavron »

Happy New Year to everyone at Comet Central Forum, I have made a video celebrating the forum and giving some trivia and history and goals I am setting for 2021, check back here in a day or two and maybe it will have uploaded by then :roll:

I appreciate all of you guys for being here and sharing your knowledge and moral support it means a lot to me and I am proud to call you friends.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Re: Welcome to 2021 - Happy New Year!

Post by popscomet »

right back at you MIKE...happy new year to all....thanks goes out to all......pop/glenda
pop/glenda

zooooot

Post by zooooot »

Happy New Year! Wishing everyone a healthy and prosperous year. :D

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Happy New Year to everyone!
Really special bunch of guys. Comet guys don't run with the crowd. I like that 8)

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

For those who want to know some trivial things about the Comet Performance Forum here you go!

Happy New Year Comet Central Forum

It wasn't my intention to embarrass anyone making this video, if you are offended I am sorry :roll: Also I did not mean to leave anyone out, everything was based on forum stats for 12-31-2020.

Also, I spent a lot of time editing this video down to make it much shorter, which means I watched it about a billion times, after about 100 times it tends to get a little confusing if I said something multiple times or I am just remembering the last edit round :roll: :P so hopefully I did not edit it down so much it quit making sense. Also by the time I got it edited down to the current state I decided I was a pretty handsome fellow :shock: :P

Lastly, if I did not mention someone it does not mean I don't think highly of you I just forgot to do so, thank you for all you do to make the Comet community a friendlier place.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Well done MIKE..you don't bother POP....have said before when I get to 10,000 post,,,I will consider retireing,,,give this machine away and call in the dogs,,,,I may change my mind when I get there,,,will have to see..but again you did good on your little try at being a movie star.....this is a great forum as all the people on it....past and present..thanks for letting OL POP to be a part of it........popscomet.......PS.don't try to sell your autograph :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:02 pm
have said before when I get to 10,000 post,,,I will consider retireing
Someone has to be at the top Pops, I think your safe up there right now :P JohnO has a ways to go to catch up :P

If it wasn't for wanting to get my co-star in the video (who is definitely sexier than me) I would have stayed in the house, it was cold that day but at least it wasn't precipitating and cold like today.

I meant everything I said in the video at least I didn't get sappy about it. But true kudos to everyone helping others. I always feel we are all kindred spirits here.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Happy New Year to everyone and a big thanks to you Mike for keeping this forum running. When I found this forum I was active on mustangs and more forum. Not sure if that is how I found this forum. I have met Fred(Sassy) a couple times when he passed through Port Alberni B.C. where I live. Sad I missed a meeting of comet guys from this forum at Mission raceway. I had been talking with Roy about visiting him just before he passed. Reminder not to put off the things you want to do in life. I was away from the forum for along time, lots of life stuff. Happy that Mike was able to reinstate me.

I have been on many different forums over the years but the comet forum has always been my favorite and that is because of the good people on here.

Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

have said many times ...THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE.......pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Happy New Years all!
Great video Mike!
Crazy to think I joined in 2003. I found the forum by chance on a google search. I was a California Air National Guardsman when me and a few of my fellow airman decided we wanted to race a car in the annual Panamericana race down in Mexico. To that end I found a 65 Comet 289 hardtop to convert to a road racer. I had been into early Mustangs but didn’t know much about Comets. So I joined the forum.
The plan never came to fruition. We got scattered when our unit deployed. Some to Germany, I went to Quatar/Iraq and we had a few aircraft and mechanics go to South America.
I kept the car for a few years. Finished the floors and cowl vent repairs and sold it.
I was 33 when I joined. I’m 50 now.

I really appreciate you hosting this forum. And I appreciate all I’ve learned from everyone (and the many times the members here saved my ass from my worst enemy... me!) :lol:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

comethead wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:26 pm
I was 33 when I joined. I’m 50 now.
Glad you stuck around Joe.
comethead wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:26 pm
I appreciate all I’ve learned from everyone (and the many times the members here saved my ass from my worst enemy... me!)
I second that, I don't know what I was looking for when I started this thing but I am glad I did, it grew on its own and decided what it would be I am pretty happy with how it has turned out so far with very little influence from me, it truly is a user run place, the most I did was make a platform with very few guidelines, I have never had to ban or remove any real users and I think I have only sent one warning in 18 years and if I remember correctly it was more of an advisory there were no threats involved, I am not telling anyone anything they don't know already if they have been here any length of time, it doesn't mean there have not been a few personalities clash from time to time but that is expected, we are not all the same people.
tweaked wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:15 pm
I have been on many different forums over the years but the comet forum has always been my favorite and that is because of the good people on here.
Joe Travers wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:03 am
Really special bunch of guys. Comet guys don't run with the crowd. I like that
I really enjoy hearing these types of things, I put up Roger's and Joe's quotes up there, as I said in the video Rodger (Tweaked) has been here a long time, his ID number is 62, Joe (Joe Travers) is a "new" guy here his ID number is 3577 both see that this is a different sort of place (Joe you are a fit around here, even for a new guy :P ) I always wonder if I feel it is more than it is because it is sorta like a child to me, I started it but it launched out and became it's own thing, so when others feel the same I know there must be something to it (again I don't take credit for making this place so great)

I am glad you guys watched the video, I enjoyed making it, the hardest thing was editing it down, it was twice as long when I started so I decided there were things I said you really didn't need to hear :roll: still took me near a day to get it uploaded. :P

And Pops if I autograph the jacket would that make it a really wonderful prize for the trivia contest? The only problem is there might not be a spot large enough for me to sign :roll: :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Great video, Mike! Many thanks for starting and maintaining this forum. Like Joe, I stumbled up on the forum through a Google search shortly after I bought my current Comet. I sold my first 65 Cyclone when I was 20 years old, and spent the next 41 years kicking myself every time I saw a Comet. I hope to finish up a major construction project this year that has kept me from doing more than minor projects on the car since I got it. In the mean time, though, I've been busy bookmarking hundreds of ideas and tips, mostly from the forum, that I'm itching to dive into when I start my build. I have nearly 40 "Comet" folders, and most of those have additional folders in them, and the majority of the contents are from the forum. I have no idea how many tips and pointers I have saved from the forum, but when I'm ready to start my build thread, I hope it will be as useful to others. I expect I'll be leaning on you guys to get my tail out of a lot of cracks, too. :lol: Thanks again, Mike, for creating this resource and the opportunity it provides for comradery between Comet fans.
Happy New Year to all my Comet friends!

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:12 pm
(Joe you are a fit around here, even for a new guy :P )
Thanks, Mike!
I appreciate ya'll putting up with my nutty self :lol:
Really appreciate you getting this together and keeping it going. Every comment is spot on about the quality of this site. And you're spot on with your assessment, as well. This may be the most civilized pack of folks on the planet, and that's saying a lot.
I'm not going to mention Chevrolet............. :shock: :lol:

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP is starting the new year out in style.....most ol retired guys go to a cafe coffee shop most everyday to BS and drink coffee,,,NOT pop,,,it's well known how I am when it comes to a ford,,,,I spend my time hangin out at a local ford dealership,,2-3 times a week,,,,been doing for awhile,,, I came home 2 wks ago and said to GLENDA,,,remember the day 12and as half yrs ago I retired and as we were leaving the railroad,,you said ,lets stop at the ford place and we'll buy you a new truck,,,and I said no ,not ready for one,,,,WELL,I finaly saw what I want today,,an OLD man brought in a 2018 F150 today to trade in on his new F150 that he had orderd,,this old man does this every couple of yrs,,,so she said lets go look at it,,,,it turns out to be the f150 limited,,,hardly no miles looks brand new in and out,,has every whistle and bell that can be put on one,,,,they told me to take it home for the week end,,,no pressure if I like it or don't bring it back ,,but if I decide I want it they will put 4 new tires,,as it still had the orignal on it,,,,so we wound up buying it 4days before XMAS,,,,I just have to learn the bells and whistles...it didn't take long to like the heated and cooled seats and the heated steering whl,,,,,that 450hp eco-boost V6 ain't no slouch either........and the day we bought it was also my parents wedding day yrs ago,,,so maybe that was a sign...,,,,pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:05 am
,so we wound up buying it 4days before XMAS
So is this one yours or Glenda's?

Sounds like you got a good one, I know what you mean about the bells and whistles, I can even figure out how to turn on the radio in my wife's car :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread