Dont lift no matter what!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Dont lift no matter what!

Post by SASSY »

I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Dont lift no matter what!

Post by A/FX »

The butterflies were open, the throttle was stuck.
His driver suit got stained!
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

I read an article about that incident. Apparently the throttle hung and running a magnito so it would not shutdown. Crazy ride. Watched a video today of a no prep/street outlaw car call Kong crash. Scary pictures of his helmet broken.

Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

comethead

Post by comethead »

:shock:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THE GOOD LORD HAD AN EYE ON THAT OL BOY.....never rolled it but had a mudd truck get on 2 whls like a bicycle ,after bounching off the guard rails...rode along there for what seemed forever,,not knowing which way that rut was gonna pitch it,,,but the good lord had an eye on me,,,it came down on it's whls ....3hrs later because of an accident pulling it home,,,my truck and trailer was destroyed completly,,,,no one got hurt none what so ever,,,,and I wasn't even pulling it,my buddy was,,,,I told him when he loaded it,,he didn't have enuff tongue weight....but he is so hard headed...I told him just cause he had a new dodge 4whl dr,,,it can start swerving at speed and he would lose it....that's what happen..and he lost it .....rest is history.....pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Crazy but true story-
My late brother grenaded the clutch in his 327 Camaro many years ago. Had it wound out and blew up the bellhousing, Muncie and sheered the brake lines. He was flying down a long stretch, heading into an intersection with the highway. The driveshaft was still spinning on the pinion yoke and the front was bouncing off the road and the floorpan, no brakes to stop the car. Twenty yards from the stop sign was a cattle gap and the driveshaft wedged into it, picking the whole car off the ground. It landed on all fours facing the opposite direction on a dead stop. There were a bunch of bikers partying up on the hill above the cattle gap. When my brother hobbled out of the car, they gave him a standing ovation.

JT
Last edited by Joe Travers on Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Tongue weight is critical. Three years ago, right after I left home pulling my car on a trailer headed to the gathering at PF, I nearly lost it all. I didn't realize it, but the center spring perches on the tandem axels had flipped when changing the tires before I left, effectively shifting the weight distribution so that the trailer was very light on the tongue. It pulled OK until I started to merge onto the expressway about 5 miles from my house. About the time I got up to 50 mph the trailer started whipping back and forth, slinging the truck back and forth, too. :shock: I resisted the urge to hit the brakes, which would have probably finished me off. I was taking up two of the three lanes, slinging back and forth until I could coast down enough for it to straighten out and I could pull off in the emergency lane. After checking out the trailer and realizing the perches were flipped, and my BP returned to normal, I limped it back home at 25 mph. Unloaded the car, dropped the trailer, checked my drawers for collateral damage and headed to PF bob-tailed.

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP has been there a few times...........that dodge driver that had the accident,,,,alittle while later was riding in the rear seat of a 66 stang me and the owner had built for street raceing,,,,the drive shaft blew hit the pavement and bounced up and hit the bottom of the floor brd where his foot was and poke thru and hit the bottom of his foot and broke it....pop
pop/glenda