Update on me.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Update on me.

Post by popscomet »

thank you for the up date....Tell Mike we all are thinking and praying for him...always in our thoughts,,,pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Keeping you both in my prayers. He is in control. Thanks for the update.
tom
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Thanks for the update, Lori. Tell Mike you're both in my prayers every day. I think of him often.

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Hang in there 'cause we're rooting for ya big time. Appreciate everything ya'll have done together.
May the Lord give you peace in the struggle.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Tell Mike we all said hi , we love him & praying for his strength & wellness as well as yours .We will keep them going up .
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Miss Lori just posted this on Fb. keep the prayers going up guys ! :D

''Friends & family; thank you for your prayers and well wishes and thoughts. Mike is back home with me and doing well as he approaches three weeks of radiation therapy and a week or so of chemo which he is tolerating both exceptionally well. No bad side effects other than some slight fatigue on radiation treatment days. He has recovered mobility in a variety of ways and his eyes are now cleared of any double vision. No short term memory issues are evident. We are about to start home physical, occupational and speech therapy which will help him continue to make gains.  He is now mobile in a wheelchair as his strength and his arms grows as well as that left leg and hopefully will regain that walking ability with some help from the therapists. I am amazed at how far he has come just in the last couple of weeks. Pray with us that this recovery will continue and that God‘s miracle will be evident in all of this."
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

We've got your backs on the prayer front. Thanks for the update, and keep us posted.

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thanks John!

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Thanks for the update John and I will be praying for both of them.
tom
tomb's 65

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Mike has last radiation treatment today. Moving forward is chemo, possibly another round which he is tolerating very well no side effects other than a small hair loss. Dr also will begin Optune in coming weeks. Mike is on no pain meds now no rib pain and the steroid is being decreased to only 1mg per day. He is not using the wheelchair except for longer stints in the house or emergency bathroom break. In rooms he can walk with the walker. The left listing is very minor really only when driving the wheelchair himself. Progress has been amazing. We are now working on a routine and plan for when I begin working again next week. Routine is the key for us. I took second COVID shot yesterday with only a sore arm effect so far. Mike sees Dr Rod in Eldorado Thursday for follow up and them taking over his meds. New MRI in the 17th. Dr Leo said the pathology revealed no new areas of growth needing treatment and he was pleased with the progress. Said said most people don't tolerate the treatment as well as Mike is. Praise the lord.
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

lavron wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:46 am
Mike has last radiation treatment today. Moving forward is chemo, possibly another round which he is tolerating very well no side effects other than a small hair loss. Dr also will begin Optune in coming weeks. Mike is on no pain meds now no rib pain and the steroid is being decreased to only 1mg per day. He is not using the wheelchair except for longer stints in the house or emergency bathroom break. In rooms he can walk with the walker. The left listing is very minor really only when driving the wheelchair himself. Progress has been amazing. We are now working on a routine and plan for when I begin working again next week. Routine is the key for us. I took second COVID shot yesterday with only a sore arm effect so far. Mike sees Dr Rod in Eldorado Thursday for follow up and them taking over his meds. New MRI in the 17th. Dr Leo said the pathology revealed no new areas of growth needing treatment and he was pleased with the progress. Said said most people don't tolerate the treatment as well as Mike is. Praise the lord.
Thank you for keeping the group updated on Mike’s progress. Everyone here on the forum is wishing him a speedy recovery. Please tell him we miss his posts and updates on his Comet.
With your support he will beat this.
Regards
Jim (A/FX)
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Appreciate the update!
If it is any consolation; my wife took chemotherapy for several years to combat Systemic Lupus. That was over 30 years ago. She is still suffering effects from the illness & treatment to this day but is still able to enjoy life.

Peace be with you both

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

So glad to hear Mike is making progress and tolerating his treatments so well. You're both in my prayers, because I know this is rough on you, too. Can't wait to see him back on line, sharing his pearls of wisdom. :wink:

Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:16 pm
So glad to hear Mike is making progress and tolerating his treatments so well. You're both in my prayers, because I know this is rough on you, too. Can't wait to see him back on line, sharing his pearls of wisdom. :wink:

Jim
hopfully I will have some :wink:

I really missed the Forum it took something major to take me off deadline to have the Comet done by PF 2021
And I hqave to say it because I have been gone soo long

it is a really cool Comet.

I have used my "down" time to think about the next phase and I aam going to paint it satin black for now and sand the hood and paint it flat black.
also if anyone knows where I could get some(1) Mercury penthouse vAlvecovers, even plastic mockup ones, I would like to use one as a hood "scoop/bubble" over my carbs on the right side of the hood probably paint them gold like the originals. I already asked if I would look like a poser with those on the hood,to which I got the answer, "not if you need it"
Hopefully wont look too rat :?
will look on ebay and see what is there
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:02 am
if anyone knows where I could get some(1) Mercury penthouse vAlvecovers, even plastic mockup ones, I would like to use one as a hood "scoop/bubble" over my carbs on the right side of the hood probably paint them gold like the originals.
I found an old ad for a pair but they had been sold. Hard to find. It's on the back burner staying warm.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop