Update on me.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: Update on me.

Post by poboyjo65 »

More updates from Mrs. Norval.
this one was 4 days ago
''Mike is wide awake today kind of weepy, asking for his phone and already looking at his comet videos he made. Sick of being here wanting to start rehab. Clearer then I’ve seen in weeks with no headaches. Shocking to me compared to how he had been the past week. Goal now is moving to rehab center and we need to pray about recovery .''

then this one today.

''Well I hate to be Debbie doomsday but once again we’re having a bad couple of days. Mike has lost significant feeling and control of his left arm and leg to the point where he is completely immobile. He is not very awake now and much difficulty seeing anything. More research shows this thing may be the same kind of tumor as John McCain had and Senator Ted Kennedy of all people. Which means it is very very unforgiving and naughty and aggressive. I just want to be prepared for the worst although praying and counting for the best and a miracle. Mike’s tolerance is fading as he is exhausted and tired and wants this thing to be over with. But he knows God is in control and follows His will no matter what the situation. He loves everyone and cherishes your prayers. Pray for rest and peace for him and peace of mind for myself as we continue to walk this tough path that we’ve been assigned.''
Johno

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Praying that God touches his body and heels Mike and that both of you have peace.
Tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MIKE,LORI are never far from POP"s thoughts,,,,,there is power in prayer.....!! pop
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thanks for update, John.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

for those wanting to send cards here is an address she gave;
Send card to 8575 SW 53 pvt. Rd. Osceola MO 64776.

she(Mrs Norval) also posted this 4 hrs ago;
Mike is still in ICU at Mercy hospital in Springfield Mo. he had a shunt or tube put in to drain fluid from his brain to help him stay awake. He does wake up some and talks for a while. He made a video from the hospital last week that is on his phone and I hope to process and get it uploaded for you all.
Johno

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Get well soon Mike!
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thanks, John.
I'm not a Facebook guy, this helps.

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

this was yesterday;
Hi all Mike is getting a shunt installed today as fluid is complicating things with sleepiness and confusion. We continue to wait on diagnosis of this tumor type and treatment options. Hopefully after the shunt surgery he can go back to the rehab hospital and get back on recovery of mobility. His mood is better yesterday. We got a big iPad and he is eager to try and use it so if he can post things he will. They may be short and spelling may be off but I want him to try. Keep the prayers coming .

& later;
Surgery we went well according to his physician and I am waiting for them to bring him back to the ICU bed

He’s doing well after surgery. Still very clear minded. Eager to get over to rehab again and work on mobility
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

That’s good news! Thanks Johnnie!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

PRAISE THE LORD..!!! let's keep those prayers flowing......pop
pop/glenda

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I second what Pop said.
tom
tomb's 65

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Good news indeed!

Jim

StPro

Post by StPro »

Thoughts and Prayers
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Hello, Comet guys. thank you for the thoughts and prayers I’m doing much better. sitting up in a chair right now posting on the comet forum my favorite thing to do. you guys have to slow pops down a little bit now I’m never gonna catch up only kidding pops,I actually took a shower today been sitting in a chair feels good still looking forward to seeing everybody in June getting everything lined up on getting the comet there. Getting everything lined up hoping to get a little paint on it and some windshield in it before then then. I have side windows not in yet—may be a project for you guys at the gathering. Im hoping to have the power chair there to ram into everybody’s car ha ha kidding I’m just kidding :D :D

If I can make it in June I expect everybody to be there. :wink: :wink:
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Welcome back!!!
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"