Update on me.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: Update on me.

Post by poboyjo65 »

Mike so great to hear you talk about that comet again! we all missed you & your comet adventures! :D will keep eye out for those V covers! :D been seeing a pair for a y block on ebay,with printed ''mercury'' on them,look cool but high priced!
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Mike! Great to see you back on line! With all the downtime you've had lately, I can't wait to hear about all the ideas you've come up with for the next phase. The valve cover hood scoop is definitely outside the box.....where you're the most comfortable. :lol:

Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

When I started this forum in 2003 I never thought it would lead to so many guys I consider freinds now, thought we would just casually talk about Comets and help each other with locating rare parts, not that we would be friends. I cant tell you how much the cards and well wishes have meant to me during these days, I WAS A LITTLE BUMMED I could not get online and interact with anyone easily :( never stopped thinking of you guys.

I still FaCE A grimm prognosis but the Good Lord has promised to work a miricle in my life so I am believing him. :)
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:51 pm
Mike! Great to see you back on line! With all the downtime you've had lately, I can't wait to hear about all the ideas you've come up with for the next phase. The valve cover hood scoop is definitely outside the box.....where you're the most comfortable. :lol:

Jim
Just have to try and remember all those good ideas now I know some were genus :lol:
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 12:46 pm
Mike so great to hear you talk about that comet again! we all missed you & your comet adventures! :D will keep eye out for those V covers! :D been seeing a pair for a y block on ebay,with printed ''mercury'' on them,look cool but high priced!
Thanks I only need a right one, maybe I can find that for 1/2 the price, maybe there is an aftermarket that would work?
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

So glad to hear from you MIKE,,,right or left ,they are the same,it'll read mercury either side !
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:33 pm
Thanks I only need a right one, maybe I can find that for 1/2 the price, maybe there is an aftermarket that would work?
If you are looking for Ram Air, this may cover a offset tri-power set-up and looks mean on a Comet!
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Ford-Mus ... 21%20x%205

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Great to see you posting Mike. Glad to see your doing better.
tom
tomb's 65

comethead

Post by comethead »

Glad you’re back Mike!!!
Stay strong for us and we’re all rooting for your full recovery.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

power band

Post by power band »

... so glad to see you posting again and returning with that sideways humor of yours we all appreciate .

... forTri Power or other hood clearance I humbly/highly recommend the iconic/signature FORD hood scoop - the Teardrop - Bubble. . Never 'Rat' looking and truly useful in clearance and proven hi-pressure zone intake at speed. With headers additionally helps cool engine bay after shutdown. I believe Crites or other may still make complete teardrop hoods for square body Comets.

Tri-Power '61 Comet has a JC Witless' teardrop bonded and bondo'd and the SC'd 74' Comerick' has it just screwed down 'trad style.

Image .Image . Image .

Image .Image . Image

Image . Image . Image

have fun

( ...while building the 61, spent @ five years with Sloan-Kettering and that was @ six years ago, modern meds, family and faith can truly be miraculous)

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

Mike,thanks for the GREAT forum. get well soon,GOD BLESS
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Hey Mike!
Found the valve covers from a flipper trying to make a fast buck. :?
Have an idea, much more afFORDable and would give the low-rider a modern look.
How about a plain-Jane big block valve cover with this script pinned to the side? Eh?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154418509399?_ ... %3A2334524

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Joe Travers wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:14 pm
lavron wrote:
If you are looking for Ram Air, this may cover a offset tri-power set-up and looks mean on a Comet!

JT
Joe I like those especially the price :wink: I have some Mercury Comet badges laying around here. My only concern is how tall they are but I guess if too tall I could modify them at that price :roll:

I will have to look back at JohnOs post on how he installed his hood ducting under the hood. I would also need some sort of plug for the front when parked to keep the birds and rodents out

I would think that is long and wide enough to clear any carbuerator setup I would have :roll:

Thanks for the link, I can always count on the guys at Comet Central 8)
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

lavron wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:32 am
Joe Travers wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:14 pm
lavron wrote:

JT
Joe I like those especially the price :wink: I have some Mercury Comet badges laying around here. My only concern is how tall they are but I guess if too tall I could modify them at that price :roll:

I will have to look back at JohnOs post on how he installed his hood ducting under the hood. I would also need some sort of plug for the front when parked to keep the birds and rodents out

I would think that is long and wide enough to clear any carbuerator setup I would have :roll:

Thanks for the link, I can always count on the guys at Comet Central 8)
See Ya,
Mike
I guess I missed the 1 at the beginning :oops: So not super cheap I will have to look at some others
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Miracles continue
The physical therapist was here yesterday and asked me what I wanted to do?
I told him I would really like to get in the truck if I could

So we walked up the hill to the shed with just the cane. I I stepped up on the running board of the truck and plopped myself down in the seat, therapist said he was surprised I did it so easily, so I got in and out a few times to prove it was not a fluke before walking back down the hill to the house. Then last evening I took a ride in the truck down to visit the neihbors had a good visit. next step is to actually drive the truck 8) It is all amazing that 2 weeks ago I was wheelchair bound 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread