Unsafe site?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Unsafe site?

Post by SASSY »

Anyone else getting unsafe site warning when logging in?
Im not seeing signature pics either?
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Re: Unsafe site?

Post by popscomet »

I did all day yesterday and til last night,,then had to relogin and that took many tries,,and have a not secure warning across top in red...pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I did yesterday. Clicked on a link on the lower left that allowed me to proceed anyway. Signed in a couple of times yesterday and had to use that process each time. Today, it logged right on. I think Google is just flexing its muscles and "keeping you safe", whether you want them to or not. :roll:

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

those warnings had me skiddish ,I kept backing out for a couple days. I mentioned it on the CC fbook & a few others were same & Mike's wife Lori said same until she got past the warnings, so I tried & clicked my way thru it.
Johno

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

I don't like the unsafe site warnings. Do we need to pay someone a fee to renew a license or something. Mike may have been doing it but has not been able to now. I'll gladly chip in for it if someone can figure it out. I PayPal'ed Mike some site support when I joined and will again for the current health issue but I can't post here with these unsafe site claims.
Best to all, Douglas Muscott.
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well after signing on, clicking through the unsafe notice a few times everything seems back to normal. No issues for a couple days now.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

same here Fred on a desktop or laptop . but If I get on with a phone I have to go thru the thing every move,every different thread I go to I have to click on the advanced button,,,then another thing to click/tap on. so something is messed up.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I think the problem is that a security certificate costs about $100/yr, and Mike last dealt with that exactly a year ago. I suspect it has expired and Mike hasn't been able to renew it. See notes below from viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16121:
lavron wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:14 pm
Just ordered ssl certification for the site so it will get rid of the "Not Secure" at the top of the page and should stop any warnings going forward. Not sure how soon it will be installed but the host so far has been very responsive to requests.

Wasn't too bad less than $100 a year and the site will be encrypted now so personal information will be secure (not that we have much on this site anyway)
lavron wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:29 pm
After purchasing the security certificate and a lot of back and forth with the web host they finally got the "Not Secure" removed from the forum 8) Still not 100% on all my other websites (not that they are very important) but they are very responsive and I am sure it will all work out in the end :P

If you still see the "Not Secure" in the web address you may need to clear your browser cache, it also may make you log back in if you had it set to remember you and recheck the box to be remembered.
Does anyone know how to take care of this issue? John? :D

Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I'm on a tablet most the time. Just checked my ph still have to
C!ick through the advanced.
Fred

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Tell me where to send the money, I'll pay it. I have secure posting to do.
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Hey everyone this is Lori. I finally managed to get access to fix this issue, it was an SSL certificate that needed renewed for cometcentral. It should be resolved now. Those security certificates expire over time and it needed renewed I just didn't know how to do it. Thankfully the web host folks assisted me. Sorry about this.

News on Mike, he is now taking radiation for several weeks so due to that and some other factors impairing his mobility greatly, he wont be able to attend at Pigeon Forge. We will be blessed if he can even get to the point of being able to come home from the facility he is in. He is highly disappointed and we keep on praying for a miracle here. He cherishes the cards, prayers and well wishes and other support you are all sending - I will continue to try and manage issues as they come up with the website (and I learned how to use a zero turn mower LOL) but often I muddle through all of this. He keeps wanting me to bring him photos of the comet cars so I am trying to make him a photo album. He has a tablet/ipad but it is difficult for him to use it with that left hand/left eye coordination issue.

Again thank you all for keeping this website going. You are what makes it work. I have a video he made for you all when he was in the hospital getting the brain shunt installed but I just haven't edited and gotten it uploaded for you yet. I'm so sorry.
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Thank you much for the update Lori. And thanks for making the effort for the site.
Say hi from Fred, wishing him the best !

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

best wishes and prayers,thank you,,,tell MIKE ,,,,ol POP IS GOT HIM IN HIS THOUGHTS...... :) POP
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thanks and tell Mikey we are rooting for ya'll
God Bless

JT

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Thanks Lori. keeping you both in my prayers.
Tom
tomb's 65