Fe dual quad linkage

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

Fe dual quad linkage

Post by loman »

Does anyone have suggestions for dual quad cable carb linkage set up? Trying to get ideas so when I get to that point i have a plan. My small block and Fe single four barrel had provisions on the intake to bolt the standard 2 bolt cable bracket linkage style to. The new dual quad intake does not have that. I was thinking there probably is a bracket out there that would catch the back 2 carb studs that I might be able to use but haven't found one yet. If anyone has done this and has a picture they could share I would appreciate it.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Fe dual quad linkage

Post by A/FX »

Here is how I fabricated the linkage for my quads. I used a cable and “floating” pedal, this is on my Boss engine so it is on the LH side, your FE will be on the RH side. The front carb is the primary, progressive linkage pulls in the rear carb, vacuum secondary's on both carbs. You will need to either use a longer cable or a bell crank that is actuated by the cable. Look into what big block Shelby’s with dual quads used.
Jim

‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

loman

Re: Fe dual quad linkage

Post by loman »

Thanks Jim for the info. I will look into the Shelby stuff. Also, I really like the way yours looks and is setup. I currently have a cable setup so I was thinking something like you have instead of flipping the carbs backward and using original style linkage. I'm not worried about originality at all, only functionality.