New Maverick+Lightning

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Kingspeedy2

New Maverick+Lightning

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I saw an online Ad promoting a Ford Maverick..Its a compact pick up WHAT ?? ..Big reveal Tuesday ...What does everyone think of the Ford Lightning Pick up?

SASSY

Re: New Maverick+Lightning

Post by SASSY »

Probably a cool trk but outta my price range!
I think the problem with electric vehicles isnt the vehicle it's the infrastructure. Yes we can drive across Canada with an electric but refills arent a 5-10min stop even if there's no line up!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:53 pm
I think the problem with electric vehicles isnt the vehicle it's the infrastructure. Yes we can drive across Canada with an electric but refills arent a 5-10min stop even if there's no line up!
How is the electricity going to be generated???
If you say 'wind and solar', go talk to the folks on the black-out grids. :?

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Here's what Hagerty had to say about it. The comments at the end really get into the weeds. :roll:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/reve ... lightning/

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:44 pm
Here's what Hagerty had to say about it. The comments at the end really get into the weeds. :roll:
Yeah, not opening the Pandora's Box. My BS meter is too sensitive and the smell.......... :shock: :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I will stick with a gas guzzling vehicle, I can pull into the very common gas station and fully reach maximum range in less than 10 minutes not just another 40 miles that wont make it to the next town around these parts so I can get another 40 miles, going to take a while to get someplace. Of course that if out of my price range ( you can tell I have not bought a new vehicle in a log time, I think I payed $9000 for my 06 F150 including a trade in which fits my budget better and I dont want a fancy truck I am afraid to haul stuff in, I will keep this one until the wheels fall off :?
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Electric vehicles are an environmental hoax. The carbon footprint to build and destroy them far surpass that of a gas burner. The electricity they use is generally created by oil and coal.

I will make this argument with most of my vehicles but Aunt Lou is extremely environmentally friendly, she was built 58 years ago and served most of it's life as a daily driver. Think about all the cars that have been built and destroyed by folks instead of utilizing and maintaining a vehicle that already exist. 2-3 year trade in folks are creating a whole lot carbon footprint. Not that I buy into to the tree hugger theory much, as with anything we should be responsible with the environment but I'm a firm believer that we are gonna blow this marble up long before we ruin it.

Sorry to pollute your thread. :D
Careful your character's showing!