Reminiscing on my Comet build

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Reminiscing on my Comet build

Post by lavron »

Been reading my 64 comet.com site the last few days. Bringing back pleasant memories of like the first time I sat the car down on the all new suspension (and it did not break :lol: ) that was satisfying for sure so many things that guys who don’t do this kind of thing will never get to experience or maybe even understand I love building and making something new but maybe I had too many things go well and I am up for a major fail :roll: you all know I made some mistakes that I never tried to hide but. Instead willing share them. So you know I am far from perfect :lol: but still pretty pleased with what I have accomplished with what I have to use I think it will be all I want it too be. Probably just a bunch of senseless rambling in this post :lol:
See Ya,
mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Reminiscing on my Comet build

Post by A/FX »

lavron wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:00 pm
Been reading my 64 comet.com site the last few days. Bringing back pleasant memories of like the first time I sat the car down on the all new suspension (and it did not break :lol: ) that was satisfying for sure so many things that guys who don’t do this kind of thing will never get to experience or maybe even understand I love building and making something new but maybe I had too many things go well and I am up for a major fail :roll: you all know I made some mistakes that I never tried to hide but. Instead willing share them. So you know I am far from perfect :lol: but still pretty pleased with what I have accomplished with what I have to use I think it will be all I want it too be. Probably just a bunch of senseless rambling in this post :lol:
See Ya,
mike
Mike
The most important part is that it makes you happy and you did yourself. We have all done things then had to do them over again because we were not pleased initially. We are in the hobby for enjoyment not financial gain, I know for sure that I have way too much invested in my Cyclone but I don’t care because it is what I want and I built it myself.
Keep up the forward progress with your health and the Comet!
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

You should be pleased! Little failures dont matter ,if you redid something,,after a bit doesn't seem so bad & in fact is a good learning experience for the next step in helping you to look at all the angles of how to approach that next step. You've done some cool things to that car. & it is good to wander back & check out all of your work,that is where the excitement is! :D
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

"Mike
The most important part is that it makes you happy and you did yourself. "
Jim
And anybody who says they got it all right the first time lies about other stuff too!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

lavron wrote:
We are in the hobby for enjoyment not financial gain,
Exacrlyit is a hobby that I find particdular enjoyable doing it the way I want to do it with a little help from my friends ( IBET THAT COULD BE PART OF A SONG LYRIC :lol: )Last I CHECKED HOBBIES WERE FOR FUN :roll:
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

SASSY wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:20 pm
"Mike
The most important part is that it makes you happy and you did yourself. "
Jim
And anybody who says they got it all right the first time lies about other stuff too!
Fred
I only say it if I son't go back and fix it must mean it is right or at least I am sarisfied :lol: Can't ever really be "done" then whaqt would I do? For now that has an answer...DRIVE IT! I seem to rember that bit of advice :lol: given here then I can see if anyrhging wnts to break out in the real world and needs adddressed/redone :roll:
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:40 pm
You should be pleased! Little failures dont matter ,if you redid something,,after a bit doesn't seem so bad & in fact is a good learning experience for the next step in helping you to look at all the angles of how to approach that next step. You've done some cool things to that car. & it is good to wander back & check out all of your work,that is where the excitement is! :D
Thanks It hsd geen so much fun so far hot sure how much help it will be to others down rhe road but to maybe inspire others to try something /anytging and not hold back becaause you feel you lack something Get ro hacking and enjoy yourself :wink:
See Ya,
Mike (PS) I realize some Comets Should not be hackec, IMO
Mike's build thread

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Been reading my 64 comet.com site the last few days. Bringing back pleasant memories of like the first time I sat the car down on the all new suspension (and it did not break :lol: ) that was satisfying for sure so many things that guys who don’t do this kind of thing will never get to experience or maybe even understand
People that don't experience it aren't curious types. Everyone has the opportunity to experience it on some level if they are interested. I enjoyed my career in engineering and design, especially construction because you can see the outcome of your work and vision. With cars, it's fixing things to fit your vision and expectations of what it should or could be. Probably started with saving allowance as a kid and buying/building models for me. :wink:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Joe, I still have a few unfinished and in the box models.
Keep telling myself I'm gonna makd thd time to finish them but so far,,,,.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:49 pm
Joe, I still have a few unfinished and in the box models.
Keep telling myself I'm gonna makd thd time to finish them but so far,,,,.
What's the old saying, Fred? Difference between a man and a boy is the size of his toy :shock:
Never got up to Caterpillar operator :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I guess I almost always had to do custom work on my models some things never chage :lol: See Ya,
mike
Mike's build thread