Comet outing

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Comet outing

Post by A/FX »

My automotive interests vary quite a bit, besides my Comet I also have interest in European classic cars. (Also Microcars and vintage motorcycles)I am a charter member of a group called FuelFed, periodically the group hosts events that are called “Coffee & Classics”, which limits attendance to vintage European vehicles. Once or twice a year they host an event called “The Open” where the members can display there “other” vehicles. This past Sunday the “Open” event was in Lake Forest Illinois, a Northern suburb of Chicago.
I decided to shake up the troops and drive the Cyclone there for the event. Among the Porsche’s, Ferrari’s, Alpha’s, and other European iron I parked the Cyclone, it stood out and quite a few other car owners were interested in what is was and how it was modified.
This upcoming weekend I will be driving the Cyclone to DesMoines Iowa for the GoodGuys Heartland Nationals, it will be the longest drive for the car since I finished the build. Des Moines is about a 300 mile drive from downtown Franksville Wisconsin.
Here are a couple of pictures taken at the FuelFed event before it became crowded:

‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

CosmicComets

Re: Comet outing

Post by CosmicComets »

Looks GREAT! First pics of it that I have seen since completed, love the color. I almost made plans for the Goodguys won't work out. Ever consider the Street Machine Nationals in Saint Paul. July 16th-18th? I will be there.
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Thanks for the pics, Jim! The first from different angles I've seen. Front quarter is my least favorite. The side and rear is what they see when you pass. Love the plate as well. Who do you love? Happy Trails :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

CosmicComets wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:59 pm
Looks GREAT! First pics of it that I have seen since completed, love the color. I almost made plans for the Goodguys won't work out. Ever consider the Street Machine Nationals in Saint Paul. July 16th-18th? I will be there.
Thanks Cary,
I had not heard about the SMN’s in St. Paul, at this point I am not planning to attend.
Not sure what other events I might do yet this season, I may just stay in this area.
Good to hear from you!
Jim

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:05 pm
Thanks for the pics, Jim! The first from different angles I've seen. Front quarter is my least favorite. The side and rear is what they see when you pass. Love the plate as well. Who do you love? Happy Trails :D

Joe
Thanks Joe,
I thought that I had posted some other pictures here in the past, or maybe not.
The plate took a while to pick, most who see it think it is because the car is silver and it may be quick. Actually the term “Quick Silver” is by definition the element “Mercury”.
(According to Websters dictionary)
Regards
Jim

loman

Post by loman »

Jim, That is one bad a$$ looking 64. You did a great job on it.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

loman wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:42 pm
Jim, That is one bad a$$ looking 64. You did a great job on it.
Thank you!
I appreciate the compliment.
Jim

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Your car is beautifully done. The license plate is sending a message but even better after you explained it. Masterfully obscure. Your car makes me glad I have my 65 Cyclone. Cheers ----------
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image