How a Carburetor Works

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Jims65cyclone

How a Carburetor Works

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I ran across an interesting video on the Hagerty website (I have my insurance on my Comet through them). It's a tutorial on how a carburetor works. It's pretty elementary, using a small single cylinder lawnmower engine, but the guy fabricates a see-through carburetor and uses high speed videography to show how it atomizes the gas so the engine can burn it. Of course, all this extrapolates up to any size engine with any number of cylinders. My 7 year old grandson sat in my lap enthralled in this video, and it taught him more than I could have just explaining it and showing him diagrams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toVfvRhWbj8

The same guy also had a video that explains what goes on inside the combustion chamber of an engine. Again, he uses a one-cylinder engine, but it has a transparent head on it, and he uses high speed videography to show what's going on. The grandson thought that was "way cool".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xflY5uS-nnw

Anyway, if you have any aspiring young gear-heads in your family, you might want to share these with them.

Jim

Joe Travers

Re: How a Carburetor Works

Post by Joe Travers »

Better watch out, Jim. In 10 years, he's going to ask you for a flow bench for Christmas :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

He'll probably be the only one his age that knows what a carburetor is, let alone how it works. :roll:

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:10 pm
He'll probably be the only one his age that knows what a carburetor is, let alone how it works. :roll:
Nah....you'd be surprised how many kiddos still hanging out in the garage with the old man :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi