1965 Comet tail light wiring - Need your help

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Mvannote

Re: 1965 Comet tail light wiring - Need your help

Post by Mvannote »

Unsure why the '65 Comet shop manual does NOT have wiring diagrams in it.

My '64 Comet shop manual has dash and complete, front to back diagrams and my '66 ford and mercury shop manual has the same.

I feel like I got a manual that's missing these diagrams. Does anyone else who owns a '65 Comet shop manual have wiring diagrams in it?

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Look at the page numbers (or table of contents) in your shop manual. If you are missing stuff I would think you would be able to tell by missing page numbers?

As far as the rear tail light wiring it is pretty simple, TS/brake feed and tail light feed. Just add for the corner light.

Lou

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea I was kinda let down when I bought my manual because it didnt have much about wiring . I guess since it is a manual for 4 different cars they had to skimp on some things. I have seen a manual about 65 wiring only ,was the same color ,had the same look as the shop manual but lots thinner.

did you get the t. lights fixed?
Johno

Mvannote

Post by Mvannote »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:46 pm
Yea I was kinda let down when I bought my manual because it didnt have much about wiring . I guess since it is a manual for 4 different cars they had to skimp on some things. I have seen a manual about 65 wiring only ,was the same color ,had the same look as the shop manual but lots thinner.

did you get the t. lights fixed?
Yes, all the lights are now working as normal.

The previous owners wiring caused a few issues not being wired correctly.
Replaced a couple bulbs, the brake switch and the turn signal flasher. Good to go.