It's time. My '64 Mercury Comet Cyclone Project

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Mvannote

It's time. My '64 Mercury Comet Cyclone Project

Post by Mvannote »

Hello everyone.

I recently purchased a '64 Mercury Comet Cyclone and have already introduced myself and posted a few questions in this forum.

Like my original '66 Galaxie custom restomod build, I wanted to start a thread on my build progress. Will for sure need assistance along the way and hope to get some help from experienced Comet owners like yourself.

At this point, I'm unsure exactly the level I plan to take this car. I'm going to let that iron itself out. I plan to build it back as close to original as possible BUT will be adding some modern touches to it as well. Those details will follow in the near future.

This is how she looked the day she followed me home.

PicsArt_08-07-07.36.10.jpg
PicsArt_08-07-07.36.10.jpg (254.76 KiB) Viewed 579 times
PicsArt_08-11-07.29.00.jpg
PicsArt_08-11-07.29.00.jpg (180.75 KiB) Viewed 579 times
....and the build begins!

poboyjo65

Re: It's time. My '64 Mercury Comet Cyclone Project

Post by poboyjo65 »

I think that is good to keep a open mind on the level but have guide lines like those.

Before you get too much on here you might want to start your thread in the ''64-65'' section or ''showing off'' section. here in the ''comet lounge'' section where we talk about everything it may get hard to find ,& though you may have it bookmarked it may be especially hard to find for the rest of us if we look for it because the lounge gets so much traffic.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

What John said. Looking forward to it, though.

Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Accumulating knowledge about that car is a great way to start!
Is it going to be long term ownership of build and flip in a couple years?
Being a long time owner of a 64 I think one of the best upgrades is steering and brakes.
The car looks to have good bones looking forward to the build.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about