cowl magnetic covers

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

cowl magnetic covers

Post by loman »

Does anyone have a 65 Comet cowl cover they would recommend or tell me to avoid? I knew my car leaked a little before but I didn't realize how bad since I had no carpet and there are a few pin holes in the floorboard. One of the races I went to earlier this year it down poured over night and I do not have an enclosed trailer. When I arrived at the track and started drying off the car I discovered the entire carpet on the passenger side was soaked. Then I washed the car the other day and decided to see how much water was getting inside from that and there was definately water present again. Not to mention the MSD box is mounted on the kick panel of the passenger side. I don't need water getting to that :shock: . I don't think I want to tackle that repair at this time or this winter and the cover would be band aid for now.

poboyjo65

Re: cowl magnetic covers

Post by poboyjo65 »

I got some of the magnetic sign material from a sign/trophy shop & cut to fit.Had to paint it black ,it comes white. but works greats. he didnt even charge me for it, & was enough to make 2 of them.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

The magnetic sign material would work great. I made a "quick and dirty" one just before leaving for PF this year by taping a bunch of 4" square magnetic advertisement refrigerator magnets together in a row with duct tape. My wife was cleaning out a drawer and came across an accumulation of them. :roll: I used it Thursday night when it rained, and it did a good job, but after the morning sun got to it, the tape puckered and it wouldn't lay flat and seal after that. Fortunately, it didn't rain the rest of the weekend, so I didn't need it. But, if you use a solid piece like John did, it should work great long term. That's what I plan to do. You can store it in the trunk when not needed by sticking to the inside of a rear fender.

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

One thing I thought of afterwards,after I had already cut it was to have it go all way across the cowl . I think it would be less noticeable especially with my black hood,might just look like a longer hood.

Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Johno, always impressed with your car. Great ideas, great build, wow paint,,,, well 2 outta 3 ain't bad :mrgreen:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:20 am
Johno, always impressed with your car. Great ideas, great build, wow paint,,,, well 2 outta 3 ain't bad :mrgreen:
thanks Fred! I get lots of ideas from this forum. Cant remember who for this one,but on here somewhere. Paint? I have comfortable paint. nice not to worry bout it. maybe if I ever find a right quarter...
Johno

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Johno, the cover looks good, think of coping your idea.

Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

tweaked wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:58 pm
Johno, the cover looks good, think of coping your idea.

Roger
I cant claim that idea Roger, except the part about it going all way across, I want to try that. that sign shop that I got the stuff from moved an hour away,but one of these days I'll get up there.

Guess I could have them ship it. :? hey thanks for the idea ! :) 8)
Johno