Out riding again

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Out riding again

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:15 pm
SASSY wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:22 pm
Joe, Jim's car is irreplaceable! To have any car built to the level
Jim has built that one,, hefty isn't probably an accurate description of cost. Plus the quality of the car when he started this build,,,,, did he mention it was a magazine cover car before?
Very few if any 64s could point as well as Jim's,,, IMHO.
I totally agree with you, Fred. In it's current state, it's the most pristine and meticulous restoration I've ever seen.
I wasn't referring to the present state of the car, just that decent '64 Cyclones can still be found to restore to that state for a very hefty sum.
Found a good stock example recently in Washington state for 25K from a private seller. To get it to Jim's level? I'd be afraid to ask.
:)
Joe
Wow! You guys make me feel like a celebrity! Thank you for the kind words.
My comment about the car being irreplaceable was based the how long I have owned the car and the history I have with the car. This is the car that I drove on the first date I had with my wife. This is the car that I drove with my wife in our wedding 43 years ago, for those reasons and more it is irreplaceable to me.
As for what it took to get the car to its current state, I have not counted up how much time or money I have in this last build. It’s not that I have (had) unlimited funds to build the car, I sold a couple of cars and a lot of parts to help fund the project. I also did all the fabrication, mechanical work, etc. in my shop, and had an active hand in the bodywork and interior upholstery. I feel that the Comet is not on par with a high dollar pro build, but I do feel it is a respectable build that came from a back yard home shop.
Now back to our regular scheduled programming.........
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Re: Out riding again

Post by SASSY »

Wow! You guys make me feel like a celebrity! Thank you for the kind words
I think our work is done here,,,lol
And yes Jim I totally understand your statement about irreplaceable as I'm in about the same boat owning mine for 47 years in Oct.
At a totally different level but I also gave up stuff to havd mine where it is.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about