Mike

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
mopar 346

Re: Mike

Post by mopar 346 »

We are all here and together due to him, that is special and he will be remembered. No words can take away the pain of the loss but the knowing that there is something beyond this life gives us peace. God bless.
Careful your character's showing!

loman

Post by loman »

Lori,

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm very thankful to have met Mike and to stumble upon this forum that he created. He has created a wonderful community of people. This is just one part of his life and I am sure he has touched and meant so much more to many more people in all aspects of life. He will truly be missed by everyone.

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

poboyjo65 informed me of the terrible news. This is a time to remember how Mike brought us all together in this place. Great people I would have never meet have came into my life because of Mike's forum and site. Including, of course, Mike himself.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Hello everyone, Lori here - Mike's funeral services will be this coming Saturday the 6th. The one beginning at 11:30 CT will be live streamed on Facebook. To view, I would need your Facebook handle so that the church can send you a group invite to join their Facebook church group. Then you can see the livestream or access the recorded link afterward. Send an email to lorinorval@gmail.com and give me your Facebook handle and I will see that a group invite to Bethel Fellowship Church is sent back to you. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Susan Norval Nisan

Michael Dale Norval stepped out of his earthly body and into eternity at 3:15 am on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, with his beloved wife Lori by his side.
Mike was born on April 10, 1962 in El Dorado Springs, Missouri to Roy and Jean Norval. He was raised in rural St. Clair and Cedar Counties where he attended Riverview Bible Church and was baptized in the nearby Sac River by the Reverend Rob Criswell. His experience in the one-room schoolhouse and church left an indelible impression on him, even as he grew into adulthood and moved south into Branson and Strafford. When he was 25, Mike met and married the love of his life, Lori Althiser, and together they took on many projects, building a home from the ground up and faithfully serving in youth ministry together at Bethel Fellowship. Mike was a gifted painter and draftsman, trained at McPherson College and SMSU, and his love of art and attention to detail were evident in his handiwork. Mike worked as a graphic artist, and then a computer technician, for many years at the Springfield News-Leader, where the seeds of his pastoral calling were planted and he touched the lives of those with whom he worked. He founded the Comet Central Car Club in 2003 and built friendships with members all over the country who shared his love of classic Mercury Comets.
Following the untimely loss of his mother to cancer, Mike’s calling to pastoral leadership was amplified, and he and Lori moved back home to care for his father and other aging family members. He loved to grill and create healthy, organic dishes and hosted many family and church gatherings at the beautiful house that he designed and built high on a hill near his childhood home.
During this time, Mike began to formally study theology and was ordained to ministry at Riverview Bible Church on October 14, 2007, where he served faithfully until he was diagnosed with a glioblastoma in February, 2021. Mike stated that whether he lived or died, his ultimate desire was that he would live out his faith in obedience and confidence and serve as a witness to those around him, particularly to his nephews. The Lord heard and blessed Mike’s faithfulness, and throughout his struggle, his leadership, faith, and deep devotion to Jesus Christ were evident as he witnessed and ministered to those around him, whether in the hospital emergency room, the rehab facility, or the grocery store.
Mike was preceded in death by his parents, Roy and Jean Norval, and leaves behind a large community of people who mourn his earthly absence but rejoice in his heavenly gain and anticipate reuniting again, including: his wife Lori, previously of El Dorado Springs and recently of Forsyth, Missouri; sister Susan and brother-in-law Bellos Nisan of Turlock, California, their children Sabrina, Ashur, Evin and Michael Nisan; brother and lifelong best friend Ed and sister-in-law Shari Norval of Battlefield, Missouri, their children Amy and Josh Yang, Skyler and Aaron Norval; and many loving aunts, uncles, cousins, relatives and friends.
Services will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021 at Bethel Fellowship in Strafford, MO at 11:30 (live streaming will be available), and at Sheldon’s Funeral Home in El Dorado Springs, MO at 3 pm. A memorial dinner will follow in Bolivar at 5:30 pm.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations in Mike’s honor be given to Bethel Fellowship or Riverview Bible Church.
Johno

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Thanks John for sharing.
Tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thank you JOHN for posting.....pop
pop/glenda

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Touching read. Thank you for posting it.
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I came back for a reread...MIKE was a very special person for sure,the LORD WORKS IN such ways we as mortal humans haven't a clue,unless you are a beliver and if you are then you know why he was put here and why he was taken,,,REST IN PEACE,MIKE ,,,as we know you are in good hands ,,,POP....mike was from EL DORADO SPRINGS MO....POP IS FROM EL DORADO,ARKANSAS,,,,I think that's kinda spiffy :)
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Thanks Johnnie for posting.
Mike was truly a special person!
I’d like to think Mike, Roy and ol’ Ron are up there right now. Talking Comets and Fords.
Ron telling them how it should be done according to his engineering documents, Mike telling them how he could do it using some old Ford parts he’s got on the shelf, and Roy telling them both how wrong they are!! :D
Rest easy Mike and my fellow hot rodders.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Groover

Post by Groover »

comethead wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 pm
I’d like to think Mike, Roy and ol’ Ron are up there right now. Talking Comets and Fords.
Ron telling them how it should be done according to his engineering documents, Mike telling them how he could do it using some old Ford parts he’s got on the shelf, and Roy telling them both how wrong they are!! :D

Joe
I like to think Mike is taking a long molasses bath, to remove any rust, aches, and pains and get ready to race :D
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

comethead wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 pm

Joe
[JMO ! ! !] .......also ! :lol: :P :D :lol:
Johno

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

I have been away for a few days and just saw this post.
Mike was truly special. I am proud to have the pleasure of meeting him in person.
Unfortunately, I don't consider myself great with words, so, I will just echo what POP and COMETHEAD already said.
Thanks for posting this John.
RIP Mike.
Dave

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i had no idea Mike had passed.im a little slow and late to find out things sometime.i did not know him but i can tell just by looking at some of these pics.he had to be a fine man and a real gentleman.i know he will be missed.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Just logged on to the forum this morning and read the bad news. Rest in peace Mike and my sincere condolences to you Lori!!!! He will be missed by a lot of us Comet owners. ANDY