Mike

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Mike

Post by poboyjo65 »

from Lori;

Dear friends and family, Mike was received by Jesus’ arms this morning at 3:15 AM. My arms were also around him when he took his last breath and I had been singing hymns and worship songs to him through the night. He peacefully slid away from us and I know he is rejoicing with those we love who have departed and he wanted to test out flight which he said we would be able to do it when we got to heaven. God is merciful and Mike would tell you all not to grieve for his sake. His brother and sister will be planning a service likely in El Dorado Springs but not very soon because we are still in the process of moving to Forsyth from up there. Thank you for all your prayers and support they mean so much to me and did to him as well. He fought a good fight on this earth and was a strong and faithful servant of the Lord. He knew he had a job to do right up to the end and one of the staff at the facility he was in shared with me that he touched several people there spiritually and that two of them had started praying again to the Lord after several years of not doing so.  I will miss him terribly as he was my best friend as well as my pastor and husband and many more things to me. But I take comfort in knowing where he is and what he is doing. I start a new life here now and I look forward to it. Bless you all for your prayers and thoughts and comforting words during these tough months for us.
Johno

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Mike

Post by A/FX »

Such sad news. Mike was the drive behind this forum, to say he will be missed is an understatement. Condolences go out to Lori and the rest of his family and friends.
Rest in piece fellow Comet enthusiast......
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Hello everyone it is Lori. I see you got the news. So sad. I am interested in trying to handover the reigns of the forum to someone reliable who would take over this for Mike. I think it would simply be a matter of changing the names on some things and handing over the cost of the yearly web host that runs the forum to someone however our email addresses are tied into that platform as well so I would have to work that out. Talk about it and think about it and let me know your ideas. I’m best reached at my email address lorinorval@gmail.com. As soon as I can get Mike’s computer hooked back up I will have the bookmarks to the hosting site that Central is on and the other information we would need. I look forward to handing over the reins of such a neat website to someone trust worthy. You all are the best and I’ve cherished your prayers. You don’t know how much Mike worried and thought about you guys through all these months and of course the thought of working on the comet was his main motivator for getting better but in the end his body just could not fight this thing. The comet it’s self is safe in my new garage and I’m not sure what its future holds but I would love to see it finished. Thanks, Lori
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

So sorry to hear this, May he Rest In Peace..

Lou

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Sad news, indeed. I'm so glad Mike got to join us via facetime at PF this year. We are all indebted to him for this forum he started. Thanks to Mike, Comet enthusiasts around the world have a place to share our hobby and learn from and encourage each other. Rest in peace, my friend.

Jim

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Sorry to hear this about Mike. Praying for you Lori that you will have peace thru this.
Tom
tomb's 65

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

So sad to hear of this...I think the LORD for giving me the chance to shake MIKES'S hand a few yrs ago..he was a server of the LORD for sure..you could see that just being around him and in the way he spoke to everyone,,,he was special for sure....he's in good hands now !! best wishes go out to LORI and family,,,,POP and GLENDA
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

popscomet wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:40 am
he was a server of the LORD for sure..you could see that just being around him and in the way he spoke to everyone,,,he was special for sure....he's in good hands now !!
Hard to find words to express feelings @ the moment but I think you said it all, Pop. His fearless attitude was a great witness to his inner strength.
Thanks for everything you did Mikey! You created a community of great people. Something very rare in the world today. You will be greatly missed. God Bless, Lori and keep the faith.

Thanks Pop

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Mike was here for a short time after I joined and I will miss him. He was kind to me as a new member and I will remember him that way. So sad --------
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

Groover

Post by Groover »

To think how many people were brought together in friendship due to Mike's efforts is amazing.

So sad to hear this news. He will be dearly missed. Lori, we are all truly sorry for your loss, (and ours).
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Some pics Lori posted on the Norval family site.I'm sure Mike thought of us as family too, I know we all thought of him as family. As others have said, I was really glad to meet him at PF,He was such a kind soul. We will all miss his humor & his presence here. I loved the way he cherished saving a dollar by reusing/repurposing something so that he could splurge a little on something else that he really wanted for the car. I was so looking forward to showing him a bracket I made from the left over speed limit sign scraps that I made my seat backs out of.

Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Wonderful words from you all. Mikes funeral service will be live-streamed on Saturday November 6th. I will get the link. It might be on Facebook I’m not sure yet
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Lori,
I was out all day yesterday and just had a chance to check into the forum.
I am so very sorry to hear about Mike. He truly was one of a kind, such a gentle and caring person.
I am honored to have had the pleasure to meet him at PF sometime ago.
I know there are no words can heal the hurt nor fill the empty space in your heart.
Remember that Mike, for sure, is with his Savior and his body is no longer compromised by disease.
He is free and has no pain.
My prayers are with you.
Dave

comethead

Post by comethead »

Rest In Peace brother Mike. You will be missed.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

riverbum

Post by riverbum »

Lori, continued prayers for you and your family.