covid

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

covid

Post by popscomet »

MY sister's husband passed away wed,,,would not take the covid shot,,had been on the vent for 2wks,,,refused the shot over politics,,,,well he paid the price and it had the most exspensive price tag of all ..HIS LIFE !!!! POP
pop/glenda

SASSY

Re: covid

Post by SASSY »

Condolences to you and Glenda. Covid has hurt or taken so many, a lot of them unnecessarily.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Sorry about your loss. Had my shots and got my booster last week. Taking no chances.

Jim

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Sorry for your loss Pop and Glenda. Politics did him in, so sad. I'm waiting for my booster to be available, I will be first in line.
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thanks to all,,,,for the kind words!!! but as all knows .POP calls it just the way he sees it. MY brother in law brought this on himself,,,,those beliefs he had was his down fall,,,,now I am trying to come up with a suttle way to tell my only little sister to go and get the shots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOW ,TURN THE PAGE,,also last week DWAYNE GOES by FRDPWR on the forum,my son had to have another stint put in,,he's doing fine,,,he's the driving force behind POP...without him being in the shop,,,we don't get much done,,,cause this stuff ain't that important to me as it once was,,,blame my health or my age or what ever.As far back as in 1986 when he graduated HS,,left for school in TEXAS 2 wks later,,my shop went for wks without a door ever opened,,,son has been by side since POP was 19yrso,I am lost without him,,,he doesn't have to anything while he's in the shop,,just him there inspires me to work,,,,,,,GLENDA HAS ALWAYS SAID you 2 are to close !!!and he's the same way,,,he has said before,,daddy I don't need any help but I just want you in the shop...so that's why no news from POP's shop lately,,,him not having any get up and go lately has kept work at a slow to none pace...but we have everything but the shifter for rusty,,so it'll pick back up soon,,,thanks...IF ANYONE READS THIS ,AND HAS NOT TAKEN THE SHOTS,GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND GO GET IT,,that's the only sure fire way we can rid ourselves from this killer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Glad to hear Dwayne is doing well. You guys make an awesome team. 8)

Jim

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

POP,
Sorry to hear about Dwayne but very glad he is on his way to recovery.
I got the shots as soon as I could and am scheduled for a booster later this week. I am still very cautious about where I go and wear a mask whenever I am in doubt of my surroundings.
I have not been in the shop to do any work on the Comet since February. I may, or may not, ever get it done. It doesn't seem as important now as it once was.
I won a no expense paid 3 day 2 night vacation to the most expensive resort in Mansfield, OH the first of the month. They gave me no food for three days and performed a lot of tests but really didn't find anything seriously wrong. I guess that is good news. I am just getting old and my body is wearing out.
I hope for a better winter season and a much better 2022 that 2021 has been thus far.
Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

DAVE ,POP IS GLAD your doing so good,,,,,I hate to admit this ford stuff ain't front and center with me as it once was.I have gone without sleep ,meals just to work on something,,,,,but no more......my red comet is sitting on a lift up in the air inside the shop,,been there for a few wks I need to start it amd drive it,,,,,it just ain;t at the top of my to do list...you take care POP
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Sorry for the loss Pop.
I’m dumbfounded by all the vaccine nonsense. I have asthma and I got the jab as soon as I could! I’m not gambling on what ifs and politics and BS.
Hoping Dwayne comes out stronger than ever!
And Dave its good to hear from you as well. Hoping things get better soon for all of us.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I don't understand why getting this shot has become so political. I guess everything is political now....
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

351 Pinto

Post by 351 Pinto »

Well there's one in every crowd,
For crying out loud!
Why was it always turning out to be me?

----Waylon Jennings

It appears that I am the "one" in this crowd. :lol: I have no plans to get the vaccine. It isn't political for me and I am not an anti-vaxxer. The Air Force used me as a pin cushion in my younger days, so I have probably had more shots and vaccines than most will ever get. I don't trust this one primarily because it is being pushed so hard. Just stubborn I guess, but I am really skeptical that politicians/news outlets/entertainers/basketball players give a crap about my health.

I am already on every "bad guy" list anyway- white, male, Christian, heterosexual, gun owner... may as well add "un-vaccinated". :lol:

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU AIN;T ON pop;s list....cause pop doesn't care,,,,for a long time my wife refused to get the shot...like I said to her.BABE,,your a grown woman,,,you do what you think best for you!!! and there was no talk about it,,,,she finaly got it,,,,POP wants every one to do what they want to....I feel the same way about building a comet ,,build it the way you see fit.....cause I flat did mine my way !!...( ain't that a song title? :wink: :roll: :roll:
pop/glenda

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

351 Pinto wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:27 pm
Well there's one in every crowd,
For crying out loud!
Why was it always turning out to be me?

----Waylon Jennings

It appears that I am the "one" in this crowd. :lol: I have no plans to get the vaccine. It isn't political for me and I am not an anti-vaxxer. The Air Force used me as a pin cushion in my younger days, so I have probably had more shots and vaccines than most will ever get. I don't trust this one primarily because it is being pushed so hard. Just stubborn I guess, but I am really skeptical that politicians/news outlets/entertainers/basketball players give a crap about my health.

I am already on every "bad guy" list anyway- white, male, Christian, heterosexual, gun owner... may as well add "un-vaccinated". :lol:
I could care less if anyone does or does not get it. Just can not understand why this has become political statement rather than just a personal choice.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:25 pm
Just can not understand why this has become political statement rather than just a personal choice.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional"- Hunter S. Thompson $$$

"There's gold in them thar hills" - Mark Twain $$$

Reminds me, I gotta check on a private junkyard. :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi