Insurance runs out thursday midnight!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Insurance runs out thursday midnight!

Post by SASSY »

Don't usually get to drive Sassy much this late in October but I make sure it's insured till at least the 28th,,,?
Well this year it's because it's our 49th wedding anniversary!
The forecast is a rainout but they've been wrong before!
After the 28th its time to tear it apart this year.
Oil pan and front seal leak
Pinion bearings(I think)
Some of the intake system still needs to be polished
Needle bearing the idlerarm
Fuel vapour issue
Possible heater core
Oh probably have to hack on the interior more
Etc, etc, etc!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Re: Insurance runs out thursday midnight!

Post by popscomet »

congrats on the 49th,,,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

comethead

Post by comethead »

Tear into it Fred!
Congrats on the anniversary !! :D
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

351 Pinto

Post by 351 Pinto »

Congratulations! 49 years, what a blessing! That truly is a match made in heaven.

If you don't feel like changing that heater core, just trade me Comets. Mine has a new heater core already. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yours is vastly superior to mine in every other way, but I do have that new heater core, so....trade? :lol:

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Thanks guys.
351, dont be talkin like that, you walk around yours with a fine tooth comb and compare it to photoshopped pics,,, :lol:
Think I'll put in a bypass for the heater core n forget about it. Afterall Sassy has
been part of my life just about as long as Marilyn.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Happy Anniversary, Fred! :D

I have to get the heater motor running in my car, as soon as I change engine oil. Raining today, hitting that tomorrow.
Motor looks newish, hope it's 12V and not one of those cheapy rebuilt ones off EBay. :?

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Happy anniversary, Fred. You've got about an 8 month lead on us. Sounds like Sassy won't let you be bored this winter. :lol:

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Happy anniversary ! :D I hope it's a nice day so you 2 get to take a ride tomorrow!
Keep us in the loop when you tear in to it, I need the inspiration to tear in to mine this winter. I've got a lots of things to do to it when I ever do get going on it, but it is just getting cooled off enough to enjoy a cruise,& the fall colors are getting nice now too, so I gotta keep rollin' ! :)
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

So, what's on your to-do list, John? Sounds like I might enjoy some entertainment this winter between you and Fred, if you both share the fun on your threads. :D

JIm

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:16 pm
So, what's on your to-do list, John? Sounds like I might enjoy some entertainment this winter between you and Fred, if you both share the fun on your threads. :D

JIm
a little hole to fix above each A pillar,windshield/seal,paint top of dash while windshield is out, insulate the firewall better,floor boards.mount ac underdash unit & gas it up, head light switch,radio & speakers, in tank electric f pump & wiring for it,maybe new carpet while it & seats are out. I'm probably forgetting something. :roll:
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Would like to here (read) about your intank pump deal.
Thinking I might go there myself.

6T5 404

Post by 6T5 404 »

Happy Anniversary, Fred and Marilyn.
Wishing you many more.
Dave

351 Pinto

Post by 351 Pinto »

I picked up a 65 Mustang tank with the electric pump already in it from Amazon of all places. It dropped right into my 63 except I had to get creative* with the filler neck (Mustang is aligned with the gas cap whereas 63 Comet is offset). It is made in Canada, so not the normal Chinese-made crap you might find on Amazon. I am sure you can find it elsewhere if not a fan of Amazon.

*Getting "creative" involved making a carefully timed trip to the beer fridge while my older, smarter brother solved the filler neck alignment issue. :lol:

The company that makes the tank, Spectra, sells the pump assembly separately. It mimics the stock pickup and sending unit assembly except there is also an electrical connector for the pump. I checked their website this morning and found the assembly here: https://ecat.spectrapremium.com/products/SP169A1H

Note that this is for fuel injection, so keep that in mind. It has a high pressure pump.

If you need a tank, too Amazon calls it: "Spectra Premium F28AFI Classic Injection Fuel Tank". Spectra just calls it "F28AFI".

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Cool! Thanks for that 351. I had considered hacking something like that together but was concerned about the weight of the pump out that far from the mount.
Fred

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Hope you dont mind but I copied and pasted this post into hardcore. This is great info and will be lost in this thread.
351 Pinto wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:15 am
I picked up a 65 Mustang tank with the electric pump already in it from Amazon of all places. It dropped right into my 63 except I had to get creative* with the filler neck (Mustang is aligned with the gas cap whereas 63 Comet is offset). It is made in Canada, so not the normal Chinese-made crap you might find on Amazon. I am sure you can find it elsewhere if not a fan of Amazon.

*Getting "creative" involved making a carefully timed trip to the beer fridge while my older, smarter brother solved the filler neck alignment issue. :lol:

The company that makes the tank, Spectra, sells the pump assembly separately. It mimics the stock pickup and sending unit assembly except there is also an electrical connector for the pump. I checked their website this morning and found the assembly here: https://ecat.spectrapremium.com/products/SP169A1H

Note that this is for fuel injection, so keep that in mind. It has a high pressure pump.

If you need a tank, too Amazon calls it: "Spectra Premium F28AFI Classic Injection Fuel Tank". Spectra just calls it "F28AFI".