All Ford Swap Meet

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
351 Pinto

All Ford Swap Meet

Post by 351 Pinto »

FYI- The Ohio Ford Expo is this weekend. It is in Columbus. I have only been once. It was definitely a lot more swap meet than car show that one time I went.

From their website:

Ohio Ford Expo
November 27-28, 2021
Giant all Ford Swap Meet and Car Corral. Browse acres of Ford Motor Company products and related parts – new, used, aftermarket, Mustang, 5.0, 4.6, high-performance, classic, restoration, literature, NOS, trim, vintage, collectibles, die-cast and Fords for sale. You can’t see it all in one day!
Time: Saturday – 9 am – 4 pm; Sunday – 9 am – 2 pm
Price: $10 Adults; 12 and under free
717 East 17th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43211

vicegrip

Re: All Ford Swap Meet

Post by vicegrip »

Been a while since I went but from what I hear,it's not what it used to be. There were 3 buildings and acres outside completely full of everything Ford that you can imagine. We bought a space and had a load of stuff to sell. Apparently most of the action takes place Fri night before it's open to the public.Sold all the stuff we had to other vendors that night and gave the space to another guy.Ended up going home with more than we brought. Took 2 days to see it all.

351 Pinto

Post by 351 Pinto »

Thanks for the insight. I may have to show up Friday night if I can swing it.

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

I have heard is is mostly newer Mustang stuff, not much vintage ‘60’s performance parts anymore. “If you have seen one post ‘73 Mustang, you have seen them all”
I would be interested in hearing from someone who attends this years event to see what kind of parts/cars show up.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

vicegrip wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:08 am
Apparently most of the action takes place Fri night before it's open to the public. Sold all the stuff we had to other vendors that night and gave the space to another guy.
Most trade shows operate that way. Twenty years ago I was hooked up w/ a vintage guitar dealer. Worked the same way.
People with connections got to enter before they were open to the general public, as well. By the time the show opened, the good deals were gone for the most part.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

351 Pinto

Post by 351 Pinto »

I think you are right about the cars and parts that will be there. The one time I went it was mostly Fox body stuff. I expect it will be that and Coyote stuff this time. All I need is for one guy to show up with a 68 or 69 pitman arm and I am good :D One thing I am confident about, there won't be anything cooler than that 64 of yours :D

When I was a teenager in the early 80s, my mom had a 64 289 auto AC in nearly perfect shape. It was just another $500 used car for poor people like us at the time. :lol: To this day I have no idea why neither I nor my older brother snagged that car when mom got rid of it.

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

351 Pinto wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:39 pm
When I was a teenager in the early 80s, my mom had a 64 289 auto AC in nearly perfect shape. It was just another $500 used car for poor people like us at the time. :lol: To this day I have no idea why neither I nor my older brother snagged that car when mom got rid of it.
I bought my rusty Cyclone in the 80's for $400. Was sitting in a patch of 6 foot Johnson grass beside a body shop. Dropped in a fresh battery and aired up the tires. Drove 40 miles home. Almost didn't make it when the brake pedal hit the floor driving through town :mrgreen:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

351 Pinto

Post by 351 Pinto »

Ah the good ole days. I spent a summer in GA when I was a kid. I remember a girl driving a green GT500 KR to school like it was just another Honda Civic.