Had some time out of shop------

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
DesertRat

Had some time out of shop------

Post by DesertRat »

My son-in-law bought me this kit over a year ago. I decided to build it a couple weeks ago-----
I have about 40 hours in building it so I won't be doing any more of these-----
Imagefree photo hosting no registration
I wanted to see how by gray/white interior combo would look so------------------
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

SASSY

Re: Had some time out of shop------

Post by SASSY »

Cool! Have been an off/on model builder most of my life.
Monogram Nascars of the 80s probably my fav but never got into the other expensive brands.
I've never found a decent 64 kit.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

DesertRat wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:46 am
My son-in-law bought me this kit over a year ago. I decided to build it a couple weeks ago-----
I have about 40 hours in building it so I won't be doing any more of these-----
Imagefree photo hosting no registration
I wanted to see how by gray/white interior combo would look so------------------

VERY cool model! It looks like you have much better modeling skill than I do. I built a ‘64 Cyclone model many years ago to mimic my Cyclone when it was red. I also found this vintage Aurora model many years ago but never built it. I am sure both of them would now be a rare find.
Jim

The unbuilt Aurora kit, it is smaller than 1/25th:

1/25th scale Cyclone, I cannot remember what brand the kit was:
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat »

Thanks Jim: I didn't do that good with the 65 model but I am happy with it. The kit is actually the Dyno Don Nicholson car but I won't put the decals on it. Your 64 model looks good too. I would like to find a 67/68/69 Barracuda coupe as that is my current daily driver. I might find the time to build that one:-)
Oz never gave nothing to the tin man that he didn't-didn't already have-Image

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

they look great !! as a kid my dad was in the army,so I built many tanks and planes.....a few yrs ago PUGS built me a 64 comet like mine right down to the tear drop hood and gave it to me at the comet gathering in PF,,,I keep it out of reach from my grt grd son.........hope all has a great XMAS......
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

nice build,when i was young,i blew up all my models with firecrackers,set them on fire,lite fuse and let it roll down the hill a little ways before it blows up.i blew up some decent models.you know how boys are,just having fun.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Those are cool. I thought about building an ocean tourquise 65 Cyclone model for my Dad but never got around to it. He bought one new and I came home from the hospital when I was born in that car.
This picture was taken in the summer of 1969, yes that is my Dad holding me in front of his Cyclone.
Attachments
dadandmecyclone.jpg
dadandmecyclone.jpg (219.79 KiB) Viewed 884 times
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry