Russ Stover's 64

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Russ Stover's 64

Post by SASSY »

Have to share this?
Have wondered a long time about this car. Seen a pic somewhere of it in a fab shop with most of the metal work
ideas in the car but that was years ago.
Messaged with Projim64(1 of my fav cars!) and he stumbled upon this vid surffin Comet on YouTube.
The purist in me crys a bit but the car is wow!
https://youtu.be/NyRibK0uftk
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Re: Russ Stover's 64

Post by Joe Travers »

Big-block Chevy??????

Just say NO to drugs :lol:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Groover

Post by Groover »

'least he got the year right ;)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Groover wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:13 am
'least he got the year right ;)
And colour!! :lol: :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

The chopped removable top with the Tbird Sportster style rear seat area. The side chrome delete but for the spear,, elongated?, and extension mods all beauty.

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

SASSY wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:04 pm
The chopped removable top with the Tbird Sportster style rear seat area. The side chrome delete but for the spear,, elongated?, and extension mods all beauty.

That is a nice one. Couldn't even imagine the time that went into it. Every time I look at the video I see more mods.

Lou

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

,,this is something to look at,,,,he has done some mighty nice ,work,,even tho I don't agree with a BBC,,you have to admit it looks sexy stuck out that hood,,,,,great comet,,,being a 64 is just iceing on the cake .........pop
pop/glenda

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

Joe Travers wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:08 am
Big-block Chevy??????

Just say NO to drugs :lol:

Joe

If he would have went with a Kaase boss nine motor or any old FE motor it would have been about perfect. I still like it, but I would love it with a different engine.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:35 am
If he would have went with a Kaase boss nine motor or any old FE motor it would have been about perfect. I still like it, but I would love it with a different engine.
Very beautiful build but had to stop watching when he said BBC. :P
Don't spend other people's money but I would skimp on the body and interior mods before the engine, JMO.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Yep a Boss 9 would've made it a complete car.
Doubt Russ skimped on anything and I'm sure he could've put any engine he wanted under/through the hood he wanted. He obviously loves the 64 Comet just not a blue blood like us.
I knew it would be a sore spot when I posted the link. That's why I posted in the lounge,1 and 2 the build is too beautiful, IMO anyway of a 64 to just walk away. And I do! I've never spent 2 minutes looking a Ford with a GM motor,, until now.

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:11 pm
the build is too beautiful, IMO anyway of a 64 to just walk away. And I do! I've never spent 2 minutes looking a Ford with a GM motor,, until now.
The craftsmanship is top notch!
Skimp might be too harsh but a Kasse build would be twice the price, if I had to guess. Thanks for posting it, Fred :D
BTW- I did go back and watch the entire thing after you brought up the T-Bird mod :mrgreen:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Well he did it his way,,,just like ELVIS.....AND LIKE I always say,,,it's yours so build it like you want to....but ford power would have suited me more,,,,I too seldom ever give a GM powered FORD a second glance....have had cross words at car shows over that very subject,,,,,but not as bad as that time a goof ball thought my comet was a NOVA.....that didn't go over to good....I told him where his plaid double knit pants needed to be stuffed.....pop :!: :shock:
pop/glenda

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

He makes good candy....