Friday was the day!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Friday was the day!

Post by SASSY »

Friday was the day!
Brian Guggeomos and I made a deal a couple months back for my 351 and associated driveline.
But because of the hassle of crossing the border at the time we sat on setting an exchange date.
April 1 some of the restrictions were lifted and Brain decided it was time. We selected a town about 1/2 way between us and close to the border, Osoyoos BC about a 6 hr drive for both of us.
After we got Brian loaded and I tossed the pair of 64 front fenders in the trailer(a project) he brought me we went to the A&W wolfed down burgers and spent 1 1/2 hrs chatting and catching up.
We met 10 years ago when he and Roy Pool brought their 65 Comets to Mission BC dragstrip
and drove Sassy out to meet up with them.
I brought the engine and parts in our minivan and sows ear(ask Jim) trailer. Brian still drives that STUNNING low mile 95 f250. Its completely original and looks new in and out.
Brain is now racing a Falcon, high 9sec small block tube car.
On the way home I picked up a motorcycle lift table for my Goldwing.
Was a great day! Everytime I have Spent time with Comet owners I have come away happy! Friday was a great one, Thanks Brian!
ImageImagemy friend poemImageImage
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: Friday was the day!

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I know Brian sold his near perfect 65 a couple years ago, does he still have his other 65 with the cleveland in it?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Re: Friday was the day!

Post by SASSY »

Yes. He got the car down around 10.50 I think he said.
Then "a deal came along". The 65 was about as fast as he wanted to drive it and the Falcon tube car I mentioned had a lot more potential for the money.
I think he is in Roy's lineage though cause he took the Jerico out out the Comet and made a stick car out of the Falcon,,, must be kinda busy in there till third gear!
So the Comet sits at the moment. He mentioned he bought the car in 83 I think with a 351C in it, previous owner swapped it in about the same time I did mine. Brian did say the previous owner has made some noise about buying it back,, 40 years later! I mentioned that he should freshen my old motor and trans etc and help an old guy like me relive some youthful times!! It sure gave me some memories.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about