roadside repairs

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
fryedaddy

roadside repairs

Post by fryedaddy »

i got out in my comet yesterday to go get my wife some Arbys.when i left the house i noticed my clutch pedal did not feel rite.i pulled in at Arbys and when i pressed the clutch in to put it in 1st gear my pedal felt like it broke off and it went to the floor.my first thought was the pedal broke off.my pedals are loose because they need rebuilt.i though oh no im going to have to call a wrecker.no tools,no jack,nothing.i popped the hood and noticed the clutch rod had fell out of the socket.i finally got it back in and i mashed the clutch pedal and it popped out again.i then noticed my z-bar had come off the engine ball.i put it back on mashed the pedal and it popped off again.i managed to get it back on again,burning my arm on the headers.i found a screw in my floorboard,screwed in in by hand in the z-bar,no tools with me,and it held long enough to get home with my wifes sandwitch.moral to the story is if your going to drive an old hotrod stuff like this can happen and it pays to be able to jimmy rig sometimes.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

SASSY

Re: roadside repairs

Post by SASSY »

I hear ya! I feel naked if I go anywhere without a tool box, booster cables, tow strap in any of my vehicles!
I got 2 jacks just to change a rear tire and a monster box of spare stuff in the back of the Comet as well.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about