Sassy finally gets a turn

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Sassy finally gets a turn

Post by SASSY »

Little ashamed to say but haven't been behind the wheel much this year.
Been riding the motorcycle every chance I get since the snow melted. There seems be be an urgency to ride this year so I'm letting it happen. Doesn't matter if it's go a quart of milk or 6 hrs hardcore with a pee break(or2lol).
Was out Wednesday eve for some Comet time, just Sassy and I, cruised the valley for about an hr.
This spot is about a mile from the house.
The highway is a little above the Creston Valley here looking north to the Kootenay Lake.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Caveman49

Re: Sassy finally gets a turn

Post by Caveman49 »

Nice pic, good looking country, and Sassy is sure looking good. Big difference in scenery from when the snow is on the ground, bet that would be a great pic with snow as well.
Motor Safe,
Lee

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Understandable w/ the price of petrol these days, Fred.
The market for older used bikes is still affordable. I'm surprised more people aren't jumping into it now.

I would have fun watching the wildlife in the valley this time of day.
How often do you have to dodge deer & elk on your journeys?

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Joe the Comet is about the same for gas as the minivan and my big Honda ain't much better.
That pic shows the time of day that a deer stuck its head through Sassy's windshield come to think about it. But usually the elk are smart, the herd matron stands at the edge of the road till we stop then the rest follow her across. One this happened counted 44 followed the lead across the road. There are several around here, look closely into this pic earlier in the year.
Just other day on a ride a whitetail fawn was standing on the side of the road starring at me so I stopped, it promptly trotted across the road to catch up to a waiting mom.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

SASSY wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:17 pm
Just other day on a ride a whitetail fawn was standing on the side of the road starring at me so I stopped, it promptly trotted across the road to catch up to a waiting mom.
Yeah, the ridge roads are a bit dangerous around dusk. We've had to wait on them in Colorado while elk crossed into the valleys.
A friend hit a white-tail @ night on his Harley a few years ago. He's fortunate he lived to tell about it. Take care!

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

comethead

Post by comethead »

Beautiful shot Fred! Sassy looks great!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed