Daja vu Comet

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
A/FX
Comet Central Member

Daja vu Comet

Post by A/FX »

In 1971 I special ordered a Comet GT, 302, 3 speed on the floor, (4 speed was not offered)
black, black interior, and a black vinyl top. I immediately modified it with five spoke wheels, spoilers, and specially designed striping. In 1974 a purchased a 1972 Comet GT, yellow, 302 automatic on the floor for my wife. I painted the same striping on it.
In the ‘90’s both cars were in storage and not driven so I sold them. (Dumb move)
My GT was purchased by my cousin for his son, they changed quite a bit on the car mechanically but the paint scheme remained the same.
Today I saw my Comet for the first time in many years. It has been in storage (again) for many years and still has dust on it. I miss the car but have no interest in owning it again, I owned my Cyclone years before buying the GT, it is all I need.
I thought some of you might enjoy seeing what I saw today:
Jim

Here are both of the Comets:
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Re: Daja vu Comet

Post by SASSY »

Very cool Jim.
Yep I'm a 1 Comet man too, lol.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Dated a girl that drove a yellow one w/ black hood scoop. Can't remember the year model.
She drove like a hellcat, finally wrecked it. :(

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

How did you find it? Was it put in storage the second time by the cousin/family you sold it to? Do they still own it? :?

Jim

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Joe Travers wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:29 pm
Dated a girl that drove a yellow one w/ black hood scoop. Can't remember the year model.
She drove like a hellcat, finally wrecked it. :(

Joe
That is why I kept the drivetrain basically stock in her car, good tune on the engine and a shift kit in the C4, she bought a new MR2 in ‘91 and the Comet went into storage.

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:39 pm
How did you find it? Was it put in storage the second time by the cousin/family you sold it to? Do they still own it? :?

Jim
My Cousin still owns the car, they built the car (drivetrain) used it for a while then put it away. I was visiting today and saw the car, I prefer how I had back in the day. (Like in the article) my wife’s Comet is somewhere in Ohio, I talked to the owner a few years ago, he did not impress me. ( I’m being polite)
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”