A Canuck needs help

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

A Canuck needs help

Post by SASSY »

THIS IS A NEW POST ON A FALCON/COMET FBOOK PAGE AND AS YET UNCORROBORATED
IF TRUE A PERSON TRUELY IN NEED OF HELP.
My husband’s ‘64 Comet Cyclone at a repair shop in Kamloops was broken into and torched Thanksgiving weekend. He’s owned it since new and it was his only possession when he came to Kamloops in 1966. It has been a family treasure all these years, the source of many cherished memories for his children & grandchildren.
My husband served the city as a much-loved principal for 35 years and now to face this in his retirement years has been devastating.
His comment:
“ This is a sad commentary of what is happening in our city”.
Yes, fortunately there was no injury or loss of life but wilful damage to the possession of another person is so sad, especially when that person has worked hard all his life and contributed gainfully to society.
He is very angry but true to his positive character, will work to restore the Comet Cyclone. The interior is completely destroyed and he welcomes any car enthusiasts who can help him locate a Comet dash, & bucket seat consul.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: A Canuck needs help

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I saw that, it reads kind of strange, but no harm in selling some parts to them as long as you are sure that payment is legit.

By the way I spent a week in your Canada first week of October. Stayed in Sault Sainte Marie, and took the train 4 hours North from there.

1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well hope they put out the welcome mat!
Were you out looking for bambi?
I did the same and ventured south of the 49th for the first time in a while myself a couple weeks ago.
Just a parts run and cruise on the Goldwing.
Ya the burnt Cyclone,,, I messaged the poster, probably wife/partner of owner. So far no list of needed parts etc.
The post is vague but not really suspicious.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I just wonder, don't they have insurance?
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

As I understand it was in a shop so probably but finding the pieces to put it back together,,,, . It is stated that owner bought it new so if true lot a sentimental value as well rather than a cash pay out. I'll update on what transpires.