Winter Comet Projects

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
fryedaddy

Re: Winter Comet Projects

Post by fryedaddy »

one kit comes with just the clutch pedal bushing and another kit comes with the shaft, bushings for both pedals and every thing you need to install them.my whole assembly is shot so i needed the complete kit.scott drake
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lou's Comet wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:28 am
fryedaddy wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:32 am
im only worried about fixing one thing on my comet this winter.i bought a clutch-brake pedal repair kit i need to put in.i bought a 4 speed,new flywheel,shifter,clutch,pp just to drive it about 5 times till my pedals gave out.bushings are so shot you can push the clutch pedal down and it and the brake pedal go more sideways than down.you can barely get it in gear.not fun to drive like that.i wish i could just put bushings in it without taking it out,but i guess i will take the whole assembly out,repair it and put it back in.
My pedals need re- bushed also. I got new bushings and plan on soon taking it apart, painting it and reassembly with new bushings.

You say you bought a repair kit. Is that just the bushings or does it include more?

Thanks

Lou
Lou I'm surprised you're not doing the roller bearing upgrade to the pedal shaft. If it wasn't under the doggone dash I probably would or if I would have known about when I had my pedal support all apart & out of the car would have done it then.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Johno you can't post that statement and not have a link too!
There's a rule about that somewhere,,, I think, lol
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Fred I was kinda thinking comethead would be coming along behind me with a link, he did it to his a few years ago. maybe he will put up a link to his. here is one Big Dan did;
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14554&p=90498&hili ... ort#p90498

more about it on the next page of his thread;
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14554&hilit=roller ... &start=285
Johno

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Thanks Fryedaddy.

John really wasn't thinking about roller bushings for clutch pedal, but since I am doing it seems like the way to go. Thanks!

Lou

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

We moved this fall to Alberta from Saskatchewan, so I've gotta get my 64 prepared to go thru the out of province safety inspection. So far I've found:

4 ripped ball joint boots (damn pickle forks!)
Leaking/loose tailshaft seal/bushing
Bad trans mount
Leaking main seals
Parking brake shoes
Exhaust modifications

I'm sure a few other items will pop up as I go as well.
May get ambitious and do some rust repair on the rear quarters as well.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya interprovincial, damn money grab!
Looks like you've got a bit a work ahead!
Dont know about AB but BC is a stickler
On holes into trunk or cabin.
They took a screwdriver and tried to poke through in a couple places on mine,, luckily the tar was real hard in those places,, lol.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about