Electric Power Brakes,,?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Electric Power Brakes,,?

Post by SASSY »

Anyone else looking at this stuff?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iiS7p9zYBpU
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Re: Electric Power Brakes,,?

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

looks interesting. I have a factory hydroboost setup from a 2003 mustang cobra in my 57 ranch wagon, but this looks much easier.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya a friend has Coyote power 62 Galaxie and is doing hydroboost, having a heck of a time with it but it's all a puzzle. Remote Electric hydraulic pump for the steering so that will supply the brakes too.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

I did a 93 Fox body big block swap with a hydro boost and rack from a 2002 Mustang GT,electric pump from a Toyota MR2.Really not to tough to do.Run the pressure line from the pump to the booster,another separate pressure line from booster to rack,merge the 2 return lines and back to the pump.Original type 02 GT pressure lines were used with a small amount of modification.Brakes and steering were fantastic.Got it all done for a little more than $800.The setup these guys have looks interesting but I'm assuming it's costly...and it doesn't include steering.
Everybody is making drag cars out of the early 2000's GT Mustangs and those parts seem to be all over the place.The Toyota pump is a little tougher to find.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I guess Volvo has a pump too. A buddy that did a Coyote in 62 Galaxie used one.
I already have electric assist steering so that's why the interest in this plus the appearance.
Wondering if OEMs have gone here.
I know of Honda and Tesla that have electric assist boosters
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZ8XDNz2vU&t=146s
but they take up the same space as a vacuum booster which is my problem,,,,.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Roy would have told you: "You don't need no stinkin' brake booster! Get your lazy butt to the gym and work on those leg muscles, wuss!" That's basically what he told me when I introduced myself on the forum and mentioned that I was considering a PS and PB conversion. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good ol' Roy, RIP.

Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:50 pm
Roy would have told you: "You don't need no stinkin' brake booster! Get your lazy butt to the gym and work on those leg muscles, wuss!" That's basically what he told me when I introduced myself on the forum and mentioned that I was considering a PS and PB conversion. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good ol' Roy, RIP.

Jim
:lol: :lol:
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed