Anyone going to Mecum Auction in Kissimmee?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Caveman49

Anyone going to Mecum Auction in Kissimmee?

Post by Caveman49 »

Just wondering if we have anyone might be going? The wife and I will be in Orlando around that timeframe, and looking at Thursday the 6th of July possibly. I see they have a couple Comets going through on Thursday, a nice 64 Cyclone (?) and a nice 63 4dr. Would be fun to watch in person.
Motor Safe,
Lee

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Re: Anyone going to Mecum Auction in Kissimmee?

Post by A/FX »

Caveman49 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:41 pm
Just wondering if we have anyone might be going? The wife and I will be in Orlando around that timeframe, and looking at Thursday the 6th of July possibly. I see they have a couple Comets going through on Thursday, a nice 64 Cyclone (?) and a nice 63 4dr. Would be fun to watch in person.
I always have reservations on most of the offerings at Mecum Auctions. This Comet is not a Cyclone although it does have “Cyclone” floor mats! It almsot looks as if someone parted out a Cyclone and installed the seats and steering wheel, and fender emblems on a Caliente.
They make a point to promote the “k” code engine, when it is no doubt the factory 210hp version.
Anyhow it will be interesting to see what this goes for.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

Yeah that’s what I thought, but wasn’t sure. The Comet K code sure isn’t the Mustang K code eh! Your right, will be interesting to see what it brings, if I’m there I’ll try to get pics.
Motor Safe,
Lee

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Caveman49 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:41 pm
Glad I'm not taking my wife there. She would want that white '56 T-Bird :P
The Comet is a crossbred build. Not my bag.
Not a Brand X fan but that '62 bubbletop is a bad car. I had a good friend w/ one in HS.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

So are you going Joe? Funny, my wife and I were looking at the cars rolling across the block on Thursday and she saw something of interest as well, a 55 Caddy. What a tank, but sure look comfy.
Motor Safe,
Lee

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Wish I could, Lee but have prior commitments that are more pressing.
I'm native Floridian, would be cool to go check it out. Hang w/ the Alabama gang 👍
Maybe next year...

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

Caveman49

Post by Caveman49 »

We cut our stay short, it’s been awhile since down in the Orlando area, this place is CRAZY crowded with people and traffic. I’ll be watching the auction on tv in the comfort of home. Wife and I enjoyed our 55th anniversary this past June, I see folks here talking about that in another thread. We were going to try to find something at the auction from back in our going together days, but decided to hold off for now, maybe something will come along.
I’m thinking Pop and his bride just had their 56th or 57th anniversary. Congratulations to all you folks for sticking with it.
Motor Safe,
Lee