RIP Dave Binning (6T5 404)

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

I had not heard from Dave since June of 2022. I thought of him tonight and called his phone. It was disconnected. A quick google search and I found he had passed away in December of brain cancer. Dave was a sweet guy, we met up a few times over the years and he often sent me random gifts for no other reason than he was just a great person. I hate that we keep losing our members with their valuable knowledge of these cars, but at least his post will live on here within this site.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/le ... d=38431265
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

poboyjo65

Re: RIP Dave Binning (6T5 404)

Post by poboyjo65 »

Hate to hear it. Dave was a great guy. A very kind man. He sent me a t shirt one year,& every year for the first few years he would send me one of the dash plates & other trinkets all from the gathering . He wouldn't let me pay him ,said just pass it on if you can . Told me he didnt have the heart or will to work on his comet after his wife died .
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Just went back & looked at the email he sent me last october ,he said he had a stroke earlier in the year.
Johno

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

poboyjo65 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:36 pm
Just went back & looked at the email he sent me last october ,he said he had a stroke earlier in the year.
He never mentioned the stroke to me. I called him in November to see if he was going to the Columbus swap meet and he did not return my call. I guess I should have followed up earlier than now.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Sad news. Dave was a kind and gentle soul. He will be sorely missed.

Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well Sh!t!!
Dave sent me stuff as well from the gatherings.
Also I think it was the first year Marilyn and I went to California for a winter holiday Dave sent Roy Pool a box of potato chips to enjoy with the roadkill I was gonna get with the front of my Comet,,, lol. Was a lot a chips for 2 ole guys!
We talked once or twice on the ph too.
As kind as he was he will be missed by many!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Groover

Post by Groover »

Sorry to hear this news. Dave was a great guy and a true Cometeer.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

comethead

Post by comethead »

RIP Dave. Such a cool guy.
Years ago we messaged back and forth about him putting a 4 speed in this car. He didn't want to cut the tunnel for the shifter. He said the car was waayyyy too clean to do that. He said he just couldn’t do it. I offered to fly out there and cut it for him!
He considered it but in the end we lost contact I believe around the time his wife got sick.
He emailed me health, Comet and career updates. And mailed me Comet Gathering plaques as well.

Rest in peace Dave.

Joe
Last edited by comethead on Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

loman

Post by loman »

Very sad to see this. RIP Dave.