Chili

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
comethead

Re: Chili

Post by comethead »

Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:41 pm
Rootsy wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:49 am

With about an hour to go I will add the beans so they don’t turn to mush.
Beans in chili is the big debate at our annual chili cookoffs. I can go either way but Carroll Shelby was very vocal that beans do not belong in chili. Since you are local you need to bring your chili to the next years event.
When I cook my version of Shelby’s chili i puts LOTS of red beans in it! With with lean ground beef and plenty of garlic. The kids love it! I gotta make the mild version for them… :roll:

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Boss/Cyclone
Site Admin
Location: South Central Michigan (Near Michigan International Speedway)

Post by Boss/Cyclone »

comethead wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:06 am
Boss/Cyclone wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:41 pm
Rootsy wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:49 am

With about an hour to go I will add the beans so they don’t turn to mush.
Beans in chili is the big debate at our annual chili cookoffs. I can go either way but Carroll Shelby was very vocal that beans do not belong in chili. Since you are local you need to bring your chili to the next years event.
When I cook my version of Shelby’s chili i puts LOTS of red beans in it! With with lean ground beef and plenty of garlic. The kids love it! I gotta make the mild version for them… :roll:

Joe
At home we put beans in, but for the club events no beans. I like it both ways, but the beans version goes a lot farther.
1965 Mercury Cyclone former drag car, 1971 Boss 351 engine, 4 speed, ladder bars, etc. Now returned to a street car.
Larry

pfleuret

Post by pfleuret »

I prefer no beans myself but I make it both ways depends on who’s coming. Most folks expect beans. The first time I made no bean chili for my father in law he said “I don’t know what this is but it isn’t chili”.
Pat

1963 1/2 S-22 260/4spd

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

The way I look at every bean is occupying space that could be meat. but I aint gonna pick em out if they're in there. :wink: :wink: :D But my ole stomach cant handle the wicked hot stuff any more.
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

pfleuret wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:54 pm
The first time I made no bean chili for my father in law he said “I don’t know what this is but it isn’t chili”.
:lol: That’s what initially threw me on to the tamale stuffing.
My Mex friends concoction very similar to first pic.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi