what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Jims65cyclone

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Well, I ended up on the local Cars and Coffee facebook page. :lol:

Jim

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:20 pm
Well, I ended up on the local Cars and Coffee facebook page. :lol:
Front and center! :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi

61 merc

Post by 61 merc »

Cleaned up a bit of rust on the dog dishes and installed the rear seat. It needs some scrubbing too

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Don't know if I've ever mentioed it before,,,but one of my hang outs is a local FORD DEALERSHIP...few times during the week I go there and drink coffee and just BS with everyone includeing customers and take a old ford of mine ever so often,,,other day I took my comet..parked out front so it could be seen from the main drag,,had people turn around and drive on the lot to see the comet,,,I told a manger...now it's up to you guys to sell a new ford,,,the comet got em here,,,rest is up to ya'll....I said that's why I brought it,,,cause I am not interested for anyone to brag or pass out pats on the back for owning it,,,now the dealership is considering...just considering maybe includeing a couple or so of our old fords in a TV comercial....to show the long lasting powers of a FORD !!!...that's kinda special to OL POP !!
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

while im waiting to get my driveshaft next weekend im making a shifter knob out of a vintage pool ball.i picked out number 6.i always liked mark martin.plus my comet is a 66.i did not want to use number 8 ball.you know what that makes people think.but i like the pool ball because its bigger than the stock hurst shifter ball.and since the lord gave me oven mat hands it feels really good.
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that is a cool idea.....I did the very same thing in the 9th grade..only it was for my cushman eagle motor scooter,,,but I did use the 8 ball,,,I was to young to go thru the front door of the pool hall so I crawled in the back door on my hands and knees,first table I came to I reached up and the 8 ball just happened to be the one I got,,,I got away from there fast as that cushman would go...took it to shop class and drilled and tapped it and had the coolest shifter ball in school.YRS later when we built my dirt track car,,my son remembered me telling that story so he put a 8 ball shifter on it,,it's still on it cause we still have the race car.....POP
pop/glenda

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

popscomet wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am
Don't know if I've ever mentioed it before,,,but one of my hang outs is a local FORD DEALERSHIP...few times during the week I go there and drink coffee and just BS with everyone includeing customers and take a old ford of mine ever so often,,,other day I took my comet..parked out front so it could be seen from the main drag,,had people turn around and drive on the lot to see the comet,,,I told a manger...now it's up to you guys to sell a new ford,,,the comet got em here,,,rest is up to ya'll....I said that's why I brought it,,,cause I am not interested for anyone to brag or pass out pats on the back for owning it,,,now the dealership is considering...just considering maybe includeing a couple or so of our old fords in a TV comercial....to show the long lasting powers of a FORD !!!...that's kinda special to OL POP !!
That's pretty cool, Pop! :D
If sells go up, you should be getting free oil changes. :wink:
Kick back, this could get interesting.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

61 merc

Post by 61 merc »

Got the title inspection done tags and the wrong size tires. Then got to a real car wash. Now need to scub the back seat replace trans lines, finish exhaust and try to find the vibration. Think thats in the drive shaft angle

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

fryedaddy wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:42 pm
while im waiting to get my driveshaft next weekend im making a shifter knob out of a vintage pool ball.i picked out number 6.i always liked mark martin.plus my comet is a 66.i did not want to use number 8 ball.you know what that makes people think.
Had a 8 ball shift knob on my first Mustang long ago. My old mentor Mr. Eddie gave it to me.
He liked Budweiser and Lucky Strikes. :wink:

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

fryedaddy wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 12:42 pm
i did not want to use number 8 ball.you know what that makes people think.
what does it make people think? that I stole it from some bar? :? :lol:
Johno

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Finally got around to pulling the old air shocks and replaced with KYBs. Love the stance now and relieved I don't have a rub running 8" tires.
Only item left on the original shakedown list is changing out the alternator brackets and getting better belt alignment. Have the brackets, just have to swap out some bolts and spacers after I get it mocked up and measured. I have some plans for this car if things work that way.

Will post a pic or two after this rain lets up. Been a very wet Spring down here this year.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

Took a nice drive this morning, still have a little knock on light acceleration after basic tune about 300 miles ago. Plugs still on lean side and Summertime is here in the Deep South. Getting hot and initial timing is 10 degrees BTDC. Time to jet up primaries one step. 98s on all 4 corners.
No, it's not a Holley :D

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Early yet but I have plans to finally get something done on the Comet :roll: MY UNCLE IS SUPPOSED TO COME UP TOday going tp get the Comet on the floor and put the new battery in, get it started after 3 months, maybe pull it outside even :wink: going to shoot a vid hopefully.
Will post back later after I actually do something :lol:
EDIT I DID WHAT I SAID I WOULD
See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

lavron wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:20 am
MY UNCLE IS SUPPOSED TO COME UP TOday going tp get the Comet on the floor and put the new battery in, get it started after 3 months
Good deal, Mike! Had a no-start yesterday, looked under the hood and found this blowout. New wires coming in tomorrow.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop

dads64

Post by dads64 »

Hey Guys,
When I put Dads 64 in storage last winter i did not get a chance to wash it before I put it away. That wasn't my best moment, my wheels went to crap, been polishing for hours. while doing this mindless work I remember dad discussing that he painted his grill on his original comet so I said what the heck I'll try it out. just thought I'd share my results.

:D dads 64 Caliente 302 HO, C4, Drum/Disk Swap(78 grenada master), Rack and Pinion Swap, built to burn rubber. :D