what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
gmsnowball

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by gmsnowball »

202 off the lift for now but looking for a manual transmission, bell housing, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel and throw out bearing and possibly a pilot bearing as well. Converting from an automatic to a standard. Wife’s idea, not mine.

Gary
Oklahoma Somewhere
Just Outside the Neutral Zone
64 Comet Calentie Convertible

pfleuret

Post by pfleuret »

Re-installed the radio after getting the Tayman conversion. Works and sounds great. Not Cheap. But I wanted to keep the dash looking original. The only visible change is a tiny LED in the dial that shows am-fm-cd.

Pat

1963 1/2 S-22 260/4spd

loman

Post by loman »

Brought home my new 35 spline Strange case spool for my black car.

pfleuret

Post by pfleuret »

Been looking for one of those fancy gas caps that were apparently standard on the 63s. A bunch offered at $100-400. This came up at $75 so I got it, not likely to get one for less.

The retainer ring was 180 degrees off but easy to correct.

Pat

1963 1/2 S-22 260/4spd

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

:D
Tried to dig my way back to it.
:)
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Atta boy Johno!!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Today it broke 70 degrees here in SE Wisconsin, I thought it would be a good day to fire up the Comet. Over the winter I replaced the rear main seal, installed a new clutch, did a few changes to the carburetors, installed a fuel pressure regulator W/ gauge and replaced the bearing type lower control arms with new conventional style. ( hoping the ride quality improves)
After priming the carburetors with the electric fuel pump the engine fired up and ran fine, the air/fuel ratio at idle is 13.6 so my carburetor changes have helped.
I have not put the car in the ground yet but a test drive is planned in the near future pending the weather. I do not have any events planned until next month so I have time to deal with any bugs that may arise.
Jim

‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

All beauty Jim!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:51 pm
All beauty Jim!
Including the shop ,especially all the air in there! I dont have room to fall down in my shop. I was out there today picking up some, my buddy came over,I was telling him my shop was like one of these old puzzles right now. have to move everything 4-5 times just to get started off right .

Jim what kind of regulator & gauge did you get? I got them a while back ,still in process of install. I'm kind of second guessing if I got the right reg for my set up.
Johno

A/FX
Comet Central Member

Post by A/FX »

Thanks guys. I try to keep my shop organized and somewhat clean, it does get messy and no matter how hard I try it still gets dirty. I need a cleaning lady!
The fuel regulator and gauge are from Summit. If you look at the engine photo you will see the gauge to the right of the distributor.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/TSN-JM1057BK

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/HSE-5001-15-3
I have a high volume mechanical pump on the engine and an electric pump near the tank, the electric pump is on a manual switch and only operates when the engine has oil pressure.
Jim
‘64 Cyclone/ Boss 302,quads,4spd, Winters 9”

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I got this regulator , I've added a return line. I still need to make up a line from reg down to old line down by the frame ;
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-12-881?rrec=true

& this gauge had a button that sounded important ,suckered me in. :roll:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-15632?rrec=true

& this pump;
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-gpa-tbi

Now I cant remember why I was second guessing one of them , pressures seem ok for a carb on all of it. :?
Johno