what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

joem;that is TOO KOOL,Congratulations!!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I like it when a comet wins ...anything ! even if it's just for having the cleanest windshield,cause they are always over looked,at least 'round here.Congrats 1 more time,joem...... :) :) :D POP
pop/glenda

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

I started installing a set of tri y headers to day. Got the driver's side on after a little persuasion with a BFH. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't pull all the way up to the head. Then I noticed it hitting the bell housing. After a couple wraps with the hammer, all was well. Plan on doing other side today weather permitting, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

ants875

Post by ants875 »

got the rest of the chrome and seal put back on the driver's side roof rail. Also reattached the rearview mirror to the new windshield. I'm hoping to have some time tomorrow to install the new gas pedal and firewall insulation.

Ant

BJB

Post by BJB »

Finally, diff is in, brakes plumbed and wheels attached. Took it for a quick spin around the block and it seems quiet.

This proves that the early Mustang 6 cylinder crown wheel and pinion are the same as our BW stuff and are totally interchangeable into our diff housings. Some where down the road I will consider installing the 2.83 centre but for now will enjoy the ride.

Bruce

"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

That's sweet BJB!!!

I drove it on its longest drive since the swap/build... Which wasn't far... 20-25 miles. Still waiting on the new radiator which will be here tomorrow but I have to work tomorrow, Wednesday and Thursday graveyard 12h so it may have to wait another day or three.... I checked my balancer and shot a few videos on a deafaning drive. Man its loud winding it up wide open!!
ImageImage

hot65rod

Post by hot65rod »

Went out took the cover off put the battery in fired her up pulled outside and let idle for a good 20 min or so. Cleaned up garage. Backed her back in assessed work to be done. Now to come up with a game plan

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Took my 65 down off of the jack stands,charged the batteries,fueled it up,getting ready to load it tomorrow morning and head out to a Test-N-Tune at Irwindale!!!! See if I rebuilt the Jerico properly!!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

ants875

Post by ants875 »

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE wrote:Took my 65 down off of the jack stands,charged the batteries,fueled it up,getting ready to load it tomorrow morning and head out to a Test-N-Tune at Irwindale!!!! See if I rebuilt the Jerico properly!!! ROY.

awesome :D let us know how she does and what the time slips say.

Ant

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

HOPE you fixed it !! good luck and let us know how & what the out come is 8) :shock: pop
pop/glenda

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

Went into the garage,finish wiring front turn signals and rear tail lights NOT!! Install all my new brake lines,master cylinder,prop valve and line lock NOT!! Tear up 91 yards of carpeting, padding,and pulled a million staples YES!!! I really have to get my priorities straight. Andy

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Put the new radiator in and drove to work!!! Also discover my collectors lost all of their nuts! :shock: :shock: :shock: Except for one, no wonder my ears hurt running wide open for the video the other night. Didn't notice it in town. I replaced those too.
ImageImage

gmsnowball

Post by gmsnowball »

Replaced the intake manifold gasket again...I hate leaks. After I got it back on using my cherry picker this time, damn those little cast iron manifolds are heavy, I made sure it wouldn't leak this time. It started right up and ran for about 10 minutes and hooray, no leaks.

Took it for a short test run and it wouldn't shift from 1st to 2nd while in D2. Crap....here we go again, I must have mucked something up :x I put it on the stand and looked underneath and found the vacuum line from the intake manifold had come loose from the vacuum pot. Put a new hose on and everything is working good. I hate rework but love it when everything works out like it should. :D

Will clean it tomorrow and get it ready for the Gassers and Geezers Car Show Friday and the 89er day parade Staurday in Guthrie Okla. I am trying to talk the wife into going to the Comet Gathering. Any suggestions? It's not too late to make it is it?

Gary
Oklahoma Somewhere
Just Outside the Neutral Zone
64 Comet Calentie Convertible

BJB

Post by BJB »

gmsnowball wrote:Replaced the intake manifold gasket again...I hate leaks. After I got it back on using my cherry picker this time, damn those little cast iron manifolds are heavy, I made sure it wouldn't leak this time. It started right up and ran for about 10 minutes and hooray, no leaks.

Took it for a short test run and it wouldn't shift from 1st to 2nd while in D2. Crap....here we go again, I must have mucked something up :x I put it on the stand and looked underneath and found the vacuum line from the intake manifold had come loose from the vacuum pot. Put a new hose on and everything is working good. I hate rework but love it when everything works out like it should. :D

Will clean it tomorrow and get it ready for the Gassers and Geezers Car Show Friday and the 89er day parade Staurday in Guthrie Okla. I am trying to talk the wife into going to the Comet Gathering. Any suggestions? It's not too late to make it is it?
I just looked up the photos from the 89er paraded a few years back, just see what is all about . What a ball you guys will have. Man, Guthrie looks like it is from a scene from Back to the Future...so authentic looking from a day gone by. cheers and enjoy.

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Hell no it ain't to late,if your talking about the gathering at PF,call and make plans for a room for a couple of nights.....if you can bring that 64,most are 65's and POP is out numbred with his 64,I need all the help I can get !!65's must be cheaper to buy...so get your hinny in gear ! POP
pop/glenda